Hi all, just picked up a 2016 sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hi all, just picked up a 2016 sport

pakisho

Reaction score
City, State
Socal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
Love it so far! All of 40 miles on it. Black on black with all the options except the DVD player

Err........thats about it? :party:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Love it so far! All of 40 miles on it. Black on black with all the options except the DVD player

Congrats.
Still waiting on mine, at least another full month and it's also black on black.

Everyone loves the Black on Black....
Had mines since June... Enjoy it!!!

If I could pick, I'd have gone with the Red with the black leather... that being said, the black on black is quite sexy.. ;)

Waiting on my 16 Sport White! Cant wait!

I think these look equally great in white, gray, and black.

the white color makes it harder to distinguish it from landrover.
IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0282.jpg

^^ Looks great! I love the white!

Heres my 16 Sport!

2vmxz7l.jpg

Looks great!!! I am loving the look of my White Platinum Platinum... :)

The Magnetic Metallic is awesome also!

IMO.
Without question, the Sport is the best looking of the entire Explorer line up.
My preference is the white.
I'm just not a black interior guy.

IMO.

I'm with you.
While the white on the Explorer is also very sharp, I couldn't get passed on the back gladding in the mix and prefer one solid colour.

Congrats

Congrats! Loving my 2016 Black on Black Platinum here. The interior is awesome.

IMO.
I'm a non-back interior guy in the showroom, but I've become a black interior guy in my own garage. I'm at the end of a 3-year lease on a car with an "Ivory" interior, and I've been cleaning dye from my jeans off of the seats the whole time.

I'm a non-back interior guy in the showroom, but I've become a black interior guy in my own garage. I'm at the end of a 3-year lease on a car with an "Ivory" interior, and I've been cleaning dye from my jeans off of the seats the whole time.

Ain't that the truth.
My truck at home has an all black interior, but it's my daily driver that I use for my business. Very easy to keep clean.
But, all black seems a little depressing to me. The light interior in the Platinum is my favorite.

If it were my choice, I would have ordered a white sport and dealt with the black interior just because the exterior is THAT bad ass looking.
But like I said above, I let my wife choose this one.

Black exterior look sexy when clean, but it's a pain to keep nice.

That's the only reason I went with silver and not black. If I didn't have kids and had time to attend to the Ex, I probably would have went with black.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My last 3 SUVs have been white exrerior with grey, tan, and now black leather interiors.

Although the tan interior looks great when new, after 5 years it just looks dirty and worn no matter how much I've cleaned it. The gray wasn't as bad, but still was difficult to keep clean.

Now with the black, I'm hoping that it continues looking new for as long as I own it. The only thing I'm concerned about is the seats being burning hot in the summer. But that will only be for a few minutes once the AC kicks in.

Back