Driver Seat Clicking | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ExplorerDane

Reaction score
City, State
Victoria, British Columbia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 XLT
I got a new to me 2013 Explorer and quite shortly after purchase the driver seat started clicking, at times a lot.

I know, the online "there's a click in my car" thread. But hopefully someone has experience. It's a electric leather heated seat.

The click seems like it's coming from either the back end of the cushion or the lower part of the back. It is essentially only when I'm on the highway or very bumpy roads. Also I can sometimes make the sound appear if I pop around on the seat.

I've Googled the issue and found two things - one, it just went away. So far that's failed me. Two - one if the metal springs is broken / out of alignment. That one I lack the technical knowledge to determine.

I'm sure I'll end up at the dealership, but hoping someone has some insight before I get fleeced there lol.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got a new to me 2013 Explorer and quite shortly after purchase the driver seat started clicking, at times a lot.

I know, the online "there's a click in my car" thread. But hopefully someone has experience. It's a electric leather heated seat.

The click seems like it's coming from either the back end of the cushion or the lower part of the back. It is essentially only when I'm on the highway or very bumpy roads. Also I can sometimes make the sound appear if I pop around on the seat.

I've Googled the issue and found two things - one, it just went away. So far that's failed me. Two - one if the metal springs is broken / out of alignment. That one I lack the technical knowledge to determine.

I'm sure I'll end up at the dealership, but hoping someone has some insight before I get fleeced there lol.

Thanks!

I have the same click on our 15' limited. When I brake, or on a bad road the driver seat "clicks". I have not looked into it yet, but when I had a 2008 Expedition, it had exactly the same issue. There was a problem with a few metal springs in bottom cushion that made sound at places where they make contact with the frame. I managed to solve it by lubricating it.

Welcome to the Forum ExplorerDane.:wavey:

Peter

I had no luck today so I booked in at the dealer. Hopefully they can find it, it's driving me nuts!

I am having this same problem, very annoying. The ticking is non stop while driving.. tic tic tic tic tic...2 tics every second and everyone in the cabin can hear it. Any solution to fix this?

Back