Anyone know if the Aviator is coming back? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone know if the Aviator is coming back?

beST_1

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer ST
I've heard rumors that the Lincoln Aviator might be coming back as a '19MY, again, based on the Explorer...can anyone confirm, and if so, are there any tidbits of info available?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've heard rumors that the Lincoln Aviator might be coming back as a '19MY, again, based on the Explorer...can anyone confirm, and if so, are there any tidbits of info available?
Probably better to check this out on a Lincoln forum.

Peter

I found only this article about it.
http://www.autoblog.com/2015/06/09/lincoln-aviator-comeback-rumor/

I think it's all speculation and rumors. Rumors had it that the Bronco would come back but we all know that won't happen.

A Lincoln equivalent of the Explorer would be nice. I just hope that if they do come out with a Lincoln version of the Explorer, they won't make the Explorer suck a little more to make the Lincoln better. The MKT doesn't cut it imo.

Ford and Lincoln's lineup is getting so good lately. I was waiting for an Explorer redesign but if they are going to make a Lincoln equivalent, I might as well wait for that. I was also thinking of ditching the new Explorer all together for the new 2017 MKZ but the back is so ugly. The new 2017 Fusion Sport got my eye too. I honestly wouldn't have thought of buying a Lincoln before. All my friends talk trash about them but I guess they're really making a good comeback. Got to work on the ugly rears of some cars though.

I found only this article about it.
http://www.autoblog.com/2015/06/09/lincoln-aviator-comeback-rumor/

I think it's all speculation and rumors. Rumors had it that the Bronco would come back but we all know that won't happen.

A Lincoln equivalent of the Explorer would be nice. I just hope that if they do come out with a Lincoln version of the Explorer, they won't make the Explorer suck a little more to make the Lincoln better. The MKT doesn't cut it imo.

Ford and Lincoln's lineup is getting so good lately. I was waiting for an Explorer redesign but if they are going to make a Lincoln equivalent, I might as well wait for that. I was also thinking of ditching the new Explorer all together for the new 2017 MKZ but the back is so ugly. The new 2017 Fusion Sport got my eye too. I honestly wouldn't have thought of buying a Lincoln before. All my friends talk trash about them but I guess they're really making a good comeback. Got to work on the ugly rears of some cars though.

The Broncos is coming back. And there is still another Lincoln to be announced that they haven't yet which is rumored to be an Explorer version.

I kinda hope the Aviator returns just for sentimental reasons - the 2005 Aviator I had was probably one of the best overall vehicles I've ever owned. I guess a replacement would be very different, though.

I found it strange that Ford decided to make the Platinum version of the Explorer instead of making it a Lincoln model. It would have made more sense to me to keep the top level of the Explorer at the Limited and to make a Lincoln Aviator using the upgrades they did for the Platinum. I would have felt a bit better paying $50K for a Lincoln :D

I found it strange that Ford decided to make the Platinum version of the Explorer instead of making it a Lincoln model. It would have made more sense to me to keep the top level of the Explorer at the Limited and to make a Lincoln Aviator using the upgrades they did for the Platinum. I would have felt a bit better paying $50K for a Lincoln :D

I was told by some marketing people it was a decision based on keeping Lincoln distinctly separate from the other lines. They spent a TON of money, including the dealerships, to make the Lincoln area look completely different. Completely different website too. They wanted a "distinctly different dealership experience" for the Lincoln customer.

But isnt the MKC and MKX simply a Lincoln version of the Ford Edge?

I was told by some marketing people it was a decision based on keeping Lincoln distinctly separate from the other lines. They spent a TON of money, including the dealerships, to make the Lincoln area look completely different. Completely different website too. They wanted a "distinctly different dealership experience" for the Lincoln customer.

But isnt the MKC and MKX simply a Lincoln version of the Ford Edge?
The MKX would be their version of the Edge and I think the MKC which is smaller would match up with the Escape.

Peter

Back