Parting out 3 trucks | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Parting out 3 trucks

I am parting out a 2002 truck. It is a red Explorer, 2wd, V6, with gray cloth interior. Engine probably needs a complete rebuild. Timing chains were rattling and the previous owner started tearing it down, but left it sit outside without an intake manifold. Hood was on but when I did a thorough inspection I vacuumed out a few ice chunks from the top of the valves. Lots of parts are available so just ask if I have it.

EDIT: I am also now parting out a while XLS and a black XLT.

Local pick up is preferred, but depending on what you want I will ship.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Alternator available from the v8 mounty?

How about a couple of pictures of the tan interior?

MT

Alternator I'm prolly gonna hang on to just in case mine takes a dump, unless you make me a good enough offer on it.

I'll try to get pics of the tan interior this weekend. That truck is at my parents house. The red one and the V8 black one are at my house.

pm'd with phone number. Need an open carrier shipped

I need a gray flappy-do for my sunvisor mirror...the cover "door" that goes over it. If you can pop one off, how much shipped to 17268?

Here are the pictures of the tan interior MAS. Its dirty but a good cleaning and they wouldn't be too horrible.

Attachments

• IMG_20160321_145352_523.jpg
    IMG_20160321_145352_523.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_20160321_145410_934.jpg
    IMG_20160321_145410_934.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_20160321_145423_005.jpg
    IMG_20160321_145423_005.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_20160321_145438_490.jpg
    IMG_20160321_145438_490.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_20160321_145538_217.jpg
    IMG_20160321_145538_217.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 350

I just bought I 2002 v6 and 4x4. I need a transmission. Do you have one that will fit? And is good?

I need parking brake parts, the passenger side parking brake bar to be exact. The piece that the parking cable hooks on to and actuates the parking brake. Preferably from the V8.

I just bought I 2002 v6 and 4x4. I need a transmission. Do you have one that will fit? And is good?

The v6 trans I have has a broken intermediate band and is 2wd. Unfortunately I can't help you with that.

I need parking brake parts, the passenger side parking brake bar to be exact. The piece that the parking cable hooks on to and actuates the parking brake. Preferably from the V8.

The 2 little lever thingies? I have those available. Not sure what they're worth. I'll do some looking and get you a fair price for both of us.

The 2 little lever thingies? I have those available. Not sure what they're worth. I'll do some looking and get you a fair price for both of us.

Yes Sir, those goofy little levers. I sent you a PM with a cell number as well.

Thanks in advance!

Could I get you to take a couple pictures of the center console in the red explorer? I'm looking for a bag type console, but I'd like to see if you have any parts that'll fit.
Thanks!

Oil filter adapter/housing off the V8 available?

Yes Sir, those goofy little levers. I sent you a PM with a cell number as well.

Thanks in advance!

I got your PM, just been busy. I'll catch up to all you guys with pictures and prices this weekend.

Could I get you to take a couple pictures of the center console in the red explorer? I'm looking for a bag type console, but I'd like to see if you have any parts that'll fit.
Thanks!

I will get them this weekend.

Yeah, the engine this part is available from is toast thanks to a timing chain failure so you'd wanna clean it out good but its not damaged, just has some glitter in it. The oil I drained out was shiny. Let me know if you're still interested.

I did a quick search to try to get an idea for pricing and couldn't even find the part on rock auto or auto zone. Must be a dealer only kinda part? This must be why you want mine huh?

I did a quick search to try to get an idea for pricing and couldn't even find the part on rock auto or auto zone. Must be a dealer only kinda part? This must be why you want mine huh?

Honestly I can find 4.0L all day here in the south and I have spent 2 days checking every ford in the junkyards and everytime I find a 4.6 the engine is already taken out. I did find one on ebay the other day for $75 shipped but the listing ended before I could scoop it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe it's the 4.6L motor. Down here you don't see many explorers with V8 so when a vehicle comes in with that motor people get them quick. The 4.6 is a popular motor

Back