2017 Order Guide & Prices* (*post 53 added) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 Order Guide & Prices* (*post 53 added)

jdmac27

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2023 Explorer ST
At long last... The 2017 order guide is now posted.
http://www.fleet.ford.com/edms/order-guides/?geography=NATL&brand=Ford&model=Explorer
We knew about the XLT Sport appearance package, but there are a few other changes worth noting...
New colors: Canyon Ridge, Smoked Quartz Metallic & White Gold. Deleted: Caribou, Bronze Fire and Guard.
The 500 Watt Sony Audio System with Clearphase is now available on the Sport 401A package.
Black running boards are late availability (can't be ordered with the DVD Entertainment)
LED Fog lights are now standard on XLT and higher.
Remote control front windows (and moonroof if equipped) on the 401A, standard on Limited and Platinum.
Deep Tray all weather floor mats are now optional on all trims.
And finally... Sync 3.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any updates regarding the interior leather? The Chicago auto show revealed the new XLT Sport with a leather/suede combo.

I'm glad to see Sync 3 and LED fogs included. I was hoping for a new black color with metallic flakes in it. Guess I'll be looking at the Smoked Quartz.

Yes, the XLT Sport Appearance Package includes:
"Dark Earth Gray Leather Seating Surface with Miko® Suede Inserts, Ebony
Black Leather-Trimmed Bolsters and Umber Contrasting Stitching"

Yes, the XLT Sport Appearance Package includes:
"Dark Earth Gray Leather Seating Surface with Miko® Suede Inserts, Ebony
Black Leather-Trimmed Bolsters and Umber Contrasting Stitching"

I'm curious about the Explorer Sport's interior. No suede inserts with the full Sport?

Now, that the order guides are out, can the vehicle be ordered? Or is the order blanks not open until April 14th when the 2016 order blanks close? Also have not found any site that has the pricing for the 2017's.

At long last... The 2017 order guide is now posted.

Black running boards are late availability (can't be ordered with the DVD Entertainment)
Don't see the connection between black running boards and the DVD entertainment system.:dunno:

Peter

Thanks jdmac27.

Appreciate the info.

Livio :chug:

Don't see the connection between black running boards and the DVD entertainment system.:dunno:

Peter

Ya I was confused by that too, I will ask today.

Not much has changed, except the flip flop engine option.
Now the 2.3l is standard with the V-6 as the option.
I guess that a way to raise the price for those of us who don't want a 4 banger.

I just ordered 5 minutes ago.

Limited FWD 300a
V-6
Plat/camel toe.
BLIS/ACC
Painted 20"
Moon roof.
Bumper protect and splash guards.

Interesting ^^^ color name ... ;)

Sweet:
New
— Hands-Free, Foot-Activated Liftgate is standard on Sport
— Running Boards – Black (96R) is optional on all series (Late
Availability

Does anyone know if the running boards are just screwed on or are they mechanical running boards?

I also saw this:

Remote Control Front Windows (vents Moonroof, when
equipped) is included in Sport 401A; standard on Limited and
Platinum

I'm guessing that they added global open as well for the front windows only?

Interesting ^^^ color name ... ;)
I agree.:) I think he meant Platinum White Metallic Tri-coat and medium light camel interior. Not sure what color camel toes are.:D

Peter

Thanks for sharing the order guide. We will probably order a 2017 soon.

No Sync Connect like what is on the 2017 Escapes. Not sure that if that good or bad.

I agree.:) I think he meant Platinum White Metallic Tri-coat and medium light camel interior. Not sure what color camel toes are.:D

Peter

Actually, back when I was in the process of ordering my 08' F-350, the interior color was Camel. A friend of mine ordered the same interior color and kept calling it camel toe. I never heard of that term until then..
Oh, I took some razzing on The Diesel Stop for that one! :hammer:
Even my kids were busting on me.

No Sync Connect like what is on the 2017 Escapes. Not sure that if that good or bad.

I think SYNC Connect is part of SYNC3 is it not?

Kinda like Apple CarPlay on SYNC3

Or is there hardware involved?

Here is what is quoted on Ford's site. To me it acts like it is something extra besides Sync 3.

Stay connected to your Escape on the go. Available SYNC® Connect allows you to start, lock, unlock and locate your vehicle from virtually anywhere using your smartphone. You can also schedule a specific time to start remotely so your Escape will be ready to hit the road as soon as you are.* Included with the SE Convenience Package and standard on Titanium.
*Message and data rates may apply.

As far as the SYNC Connect feature I can't say if the 17 Explorer will have it but I can confirm that the SYNC3 APIM with and without Connect are different hardware part numbers.

It definitely seems to me that the 17 Explorers will not have Sync Connect. The 17 Explorer order guide states:

SYNC® 3 replaces SYNC® with MyFord Touch®. It is included in XLT 201A and 202A; standard on Limited, Sport and Platinum.

Whereas the 17 Escape order guide specifies Sync Connect:

SYNC® Connect – Included in the SE Technology Package; Standard on Titanium
Note: SYNC® Connect includes service for five years. Owners of SYNC® Connect-equipped vehicles use FordPass® to activate remote vehicle features. FordPass® is available through a free download via the App Store® or Google Play™ store, late availability Spring 2016.

Pretty disappointing, but I suppose you could still add the Remote Access System accessory to start it via the app, right?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No updates regarding the interior yet? I'm very interested in knowing if the suede inserts will be available on the Sport and not just the XLT Sport.

Back