2017 Order Guide & Prices* (*post 53 added) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 Order Guide & Prices* (*post 53 added)

The 500 watt Platinum stereo system is now standard in the Sport.

There really isn't much of a reason to go with the Platinum any longer besides the instrument cluster and the more plush leather (don't care about the dashboard suede).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The 500 watt Platinum stereo system is now standard in the Sport.

There really isn't much of a reason to go with the Platinum any longer besides the instrument cluster and the more plush leather (don't care about the dashboard suede).
The Platinum has better sound insulation and noise cancelling, heated 2nd row seats and Enhanced Park Assist if those things are important to anyone. I like the new digital dash and it is a selling point for me.

Peter

The upgraded Sony system is not standard equipment on the Sport, however it is included in the 401A package.

No updates regarding the interior yet? I'm very interested in knowing if the suede inserts will be available on the Sport and not just the XLT Sport.

The Sport still comes with the perforated ebony leather with red stitching. The suede inserts are only available with the XLT Sport Appearance package.

MAFordFan, you can see the full order guide for yourself by clicking the link in the OP.

The upgraded Sony system is not standard equipment on the Sport, however it is included in the 401A package.

Good call lol, would have helped if I read a few more words of the order guide.

Don't see the connection between black running boards and the DVD entertainment system.:dunno:

Peter

Long shot but maybe it's retractable with motors? The power requirement to have both would be too demanding. That's my guess.

So when do they bust out with prices? Summer?

Surely looks like the Sync 3 with the Sync-Connect LTE Modem will not be a part of the 2017 Explorer Line-up. All the 2017 Order Guide says is "Sync 3". Surely was hoping that Sync-Connect LTE option would be included. It appears from other articles on the web that the first five years of Sync-Connect AT&T service is complimentary unless I'm reading this wrong?

Sweet:
New
— Hands-Free, Foot-Activated Liftgate is standard on Sport
— Running Boards – Black (96R) is optional on all series (Late
Availability

Does anyone know if the running boards are just screwed on or are they mechanical running boards?

I also saw this:

Remote Control Front Windows (vents Moonroof, when
equipped) is included in Sport 401A; standard on Limited and
Platinum

I'm guessing that they added global open as well for the front windows only?

I think that is a feature on the remote keyless device to open the moon roof and the front windows.

Surely looks like the Sync 3 with the Sync-Connect LTE Modem will not be a part of the 2017 Explorer Line-up. All the 2017 Order Guide says is "Sync 3". Surely was hoping that Sync-Connect LTE option would be included. It appears from other articles on the web that the first five years of Sync-Connect AT&T service is complimentary unless I'm reading this wrong?

Me too. This is really disappointing :(

I think that is a feature on the remote keyless device to open the moon roof and the front windows.
On mine you just hold the Unlock button down for a period of time and all the windows open. Holding the Lock button down will close them. I'm guessing the fob for the 2017 Explorer will likely work the same way.

Peter

It definitely seems to me that the 17 Explorers will not have Sync Connect. The 17 Explorer order guide states:

SYNC® 3 replaces SYNC® with MyFord Touch®. It is included in XLT 201A and 202A; standard on Limited, Sport and Platinum.

Whereas the 17 Escape order guide specifies Sync Connect:

SYNC® Connect – Included in the SE Technology Package; Standard on Titanium
Note: SYNC® Connect includes service for five years. Owners of SYNC® Connect-equipped vehicles use FordPass® to activate remote vehicle features. FordPass® is available through a free download via the App Store® or Google Play™ store, late availability Spring 2016.

Pretty disappointing, but I suppose you could still add the Remote Access System accessory to start it via the app, right?

That is really sad. I figured for sure Sync Connect would be an upgrade later this year via software...

The Platinum has better sound insulation and noise cancelling, heated 2nd row seats and Enhanced Park Assist if those things are important to anyone. I like the new digital dash and it is a selling point for me.

Peter

I think for me maybe the massaging seats and heated 2nd row are the only things I would like in the Platinum. However, I do not like the "look" of the Platinum vs. the Sport. I think Sport wins.

Disappointed to see there were no headlight changes over '16. Just saw a report on Good Morning America that the Insurance Institute did - surprising results for lights - maybe the manufacturers will now pay more attention to this. I'm certain my '15 Sport headlights would have ranked as Poor at best.

Looks like the Sport can be ordered with Smoked Quartz (new color). I have been trying to see if I could find the difference in Smoked Quartz vs. Magnetic which was going to be my choice.

Is Smoke Quartz in between Magnetic and Black? I see some Lincolns have the color but its hard to tell differences on line.

Thanks!

Looks like the Sport can be ordered with Smoked Quartz (new color). I have been trying to see if I could find the difference in Smoked Quartz vs. Magnetic which was going to be my choice.

Is Smoke Quartz in between Magnetic and Black? I see some Lincolns have the color but its hard to tell differences on line.

Thanks!

That's what I figured when I saw it on a Lincoln at the dealer, a dark Magnetic almost black. It will be nice contrast with the Sport all black trim and handles.

I believe smoke quartz is more of a dark blueish/grey/black combo hard to explain - tonnes of pics on line for the color see a lot of MKZs a few MKX with it from 2012-2014ish timeframe

I believe smoke quartz is more of a dark blueish/grey/black combo hard to explain - tonnes of pics on line for the color see a lot of MKZs a few MKX with it from 2012-2014ish timeframe

That's exactly what it looks like to me, too. I found an image of an MKZ in each color and in similar lighting conditions to do a side-by-side comparison:
https://goo.gl/photos/CEUrNL8F9xYdZbSx6

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Disappointed to see there were no headlight changes over '16. Just saw a report on Good Morning America that the Insurance Institute did - surprising results for lights - maybe the manufacturers will now pay more attention to this. I'm certain my '15 Sport headlights would have ranked as Poor at best.

Ford changed to LED style in 16 (Which i think the light output looks fantastic, even better than the pre-16 OEM HIDs), so why would they need to do another headlight design?

Back