Livernois tune questions

mmartin028

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Nashville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer XLT
I have a 2015 Explorer XLT 4WD with the 3.5 TiVCT NA engine.

From what I understand, with the Livernois tune, you can choose which octain gas you want the tune set for. Does that mean once you choose one, you always have to purchase that octain gas? And is there a big difference between the power gains of 87 octain compared to 93 octain? How many extra HP for each one?

Can I easily go back to the factory tune setting if I'm having issues or I'm not getting the added benefits?

Does the Livernois tune void the factory warranty?

Sorry for the questions, but I'm new to this.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know if you tune the car, technically if ford find out, warranty gone.

You can choose from our custom performance or tow tuning for octane levels from 87-93+ octane rated fuels. When you purchase our tuner you also get our tunes and tuning support. So there are no charges for any remote updates that you are interest in.

If you load a tune for 93 octane fuel that means that you must run 93 octane fuel or better at all times that the tune is loaded on your vehicle. You can run more octane than the tune that you have loaded however. For example, if you load an 87 octane fuel tune you can fill with 87 octane or better. You cannot run 87 octane on a 93 fuel tune.

With our custom tuning your NA 3.5TIVCT will get a :salute: from any XSport owner!

Check out our acceleration and dyno testing!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HSMOuCSP1zU

We are offering 87 and 91 octane towing tunes and 87, 89, 91, and 93 octane performance tunes.

Available Tunes Include:

Towing Tunes:
87 Towing
89 Towing
91 Towing
93 Towing
Performance Tunes:
87 Performance
89 Performance
91 Performance
93 Performance

As for going back to stock, all that you have to do is plug your MyCal tuner back into your truck and select the stock tune file. That easy.

If you are concerned about warranty voidance you can read these:
​​http://www.semasan.com/semaga/images/warranty_ftc.pdf

http://www.bipac.net/page.asp?content=warranty_consumer&g=semaga

Thanks for the replies.

I would assume that the higher octain tune will give you the most HP increase. But roughly how many HP is gained with the 87 and 89 octain tunes?

I'm not looking to race anyone, but I do drive a lot of highway miles for my job and it will be nice to have the extra punch when entering a highway or passing someone.

I also like paying the lower price at the pump :)

We do not do power testing on 93 octane, as that fuel just does not have enough energy in it to generate more power. 87/89 octane tuning is mostly trans modification. 93 octane tuning is not only the most powerful, but also the most efficient. The higher the octane fuel you use the slower it burns. This makes more power, yes, but it also makes the combustion process more efficient. MORE MPG's!

We do not do power testing on 93 octane, as that fuel just does not have enough energy in it to generate more power. 87/89 octane tuning is mostly trans modification. 93 octane tuning is not only the most powerful, but also the most efficient. The higher the octane fuel you use the slower it burns. This makes more power, yes, but it also makes the combustion process more efficient. MORE MPG's!

So I had a question regarding the 93 tune. I had tuned mine with the 87 for about 4k miles now, and when I first tuned it the transmission relearned and there were firm shift for the specified time frame. This week when I tuned from 87 to 93 it seemed like the transmission didn't relearn, and it shifted as it had for the first initial 4k miles. Is that normal when changing from one octane tune to another? Thanks in advance.

Well anytime you upload a new tune to vehicle it does reset the adaptives. So you should take it easy for the first little bit of driving and sometimes can take up to a week for full reset. Let me know what happens and if you have any questions or concerns please reach back out to us. Thanks

Should be pretty much the same as 2018 models. LMS Can you chime in please?

You can choose from our custom performance or tow tuning for octane levels from 87-93+ octane rated fuels. When you purchase our tuner you also get our tunes and tuning support. So there are no charges for any remote updates that you are interest in.

If you load a tune for 93 octane fuel that means that you must run 93 octane fuel or better at all times that the tune is loaded on your vehicle. You can run more octane than the tune that you have loaded however. For example, if you load an 87 octane fuel tune you can fill with 87 octane or better. You cannot run 87 octane on a 93 fuel tune.

With our custom tuning your NA 3.5TIVCT will get a :salute: from any XSport owner!

Check out our acceleration and dyno testing!

We are offering 87 and 91 octane towing tunes and 87, 89, 91, and 93 octane performance tunes.

Available Tunes Include:

Towing Tunes:
87 Towing
89 Towing
91 Towing
93 Towing
Performance Tunes:
87 Performance
89 Performance
91 Performance
93 Performance

As for going back to stock, all that you have to do is plug your MyCal tuner back into your truck and select the stock tune file. That easy.

If you are concerned about warranty voidance you can read these:
http://www.semasan.com/semaga/images/warranty_ftc.pdf

SEMA Action Network (SAN) WARRANTY_CONSUMER

Bringing this back from the dead. Your saying 93 tune on na is putting as much hp to the wheels as stock ecoboost? Also, with your tune, can throttle response be adjusted? I'm using a throttle controller, but would like to eliminate it. Thanks!

I’m interested however how much power can really be gotten out of a NA motor with just a tune? And is there one for the 3.7 PIU?

Is there a tune dialed in for 2019s? (Sport)

Guys,

My sincere apologies for the delayed response. Yes sir we have been tuning the 2019 Explorer Sport models since 2018. So no worries we've got you covered there and also our tuning for the 2020 ST models have been out for quite some time now also.
Here is a link to the 2019 Sport Mycal tuners which are currently on sale limited time $100 off!
Livernois Motorsports

Should be pretty much the same as 2018 models. LMS Can you chime in please?
Yes that is correct, the 2016-19 models are all compatible and we have a separate pat number now for the 2020s also.

Bringing this back from the dead. Your saying 93 tune on na is putting as much hp to the wheels as stock ecoboost? Also, with your tune, can throttle response be adjusted? I'm using a throttle controller, but would like to eliminate it. Thanks!

The n/a 3.5L Explorer running our 93 octane performance tune has proven to make upwards of 251+ wheel HP on the chassis dyno here and the stock 3.5L Ecoboost usually baselines in the 270-290 range on average. So our tuning for premium fuels would definitely help the n/a models to get up closer to stock EcoBoost power. The transmission shift points, shift firmess, decreased torque manegement and impovbred throttle response all drastically wake these vehicles up as well to go along with that increased HP and TQ. Most customers also report seeing 1-2 MPG better fuel mileage wise when they are taking it easy which is another added bonus!

I’m interested however how much power can really be gotten out of a NA motor with just a tune? And do us there one for the 3.7 PIU?

Here's a link to the 3.7 PIU tuner below and also 3.5L / 3.7L n/a tune release video that shows our tuning in action here on the dyno and the street as well. The 3.7L is also supported and makes very similar improvements with our tuning as well. Feel free to give us a call PM or email if you'd like to discuss this a bit further and we would be happy to help further. 313-561-5500 ext 1.

I have a 2015 Explorer XLT 4WD with the 3.5 TiVCT NA engine.

From what I understand, with the Livernois tune, you can choose which octain gas you want the tune set for. Does that mean once you choose one, you always have to purchase that octain gas? And is there a big difference between the power gains of 87 octain compared to 93 octain? How many extra HP for each one?

Can I easily go back to the factory tune setting if I'm having issues or I'm not getting the added benefits?

Does the Livernois tune void the factory warranty?

Sorry for the questions, but I'm new to this.
First off. Yes it will void the warranty. But you can go back to stock tune before you take it in. I doubt they will look for that. And Yes you can only run the octane the tune calls for. But mine came with 5 tunes free. (Including stock)
I saw you had an xlt… not sure if those have the ecoboost motor. If it’s a normally aspirated motor I wouldn’t bother tuning.. will be not much difference.

First off. Yes it will void the warranty. But you can go back to stock tune before you take it in. I doubt they will look for that. And Yes you can only run the octane the tune calls for. But mine came with 5 tunes free. (Including stock)
I saw you had an xlt… not sure if those have the ecoboost motor. If it’s a normally aspirated motor I wouldn’t bother tuning.. will be not much difference.
FYI, the member you replied to was last seen here on March 29, 2017.

Peter

Back