Push Bar for Explorer | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

It's been awhile since any update on this page, being a new member and also interested in a push bar.... figure I bump it back up.

I have a 12 Ex Limited, have any makers come out with a push bumper that doesn't interfere with the ACC or would I have to just disable it?

Also if you have added a push bumper on your Ex post a picture.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's been awhile since any update on this page, being a new member and also interested in a push bar.... figure I bump it back up.

I have a 12 Ex Limited, have any makers come out with a push bumper that doesn't interfere with the ACC or would I have to just disable it?

Also if you have added a push bumper on your Ex post a picture.
Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
There are several pictures in this thread. If any member added a 'bar' I'm sure they would have posted it I think, perhaps, maybe, probably...
New pics are always welcome.:)

Peter

2013 Limited vs Westin Bull Bar

Purchased a 2013 Explorer Limited with to many factory extras, including the "collision warning" system and "adaptive cruise control".

Then bought a Westin Bull Bar to go on the front, thinking nice simple 2.5 tube push bar to enhance the looks.

Immediately started having "Collision Warning Not Available - Sensor Blocked" error screens come up. And when acknowledged, no more collision warnings and no more adaptive Cruise Control.

Reason... the simple Bull Bar is blocking the radar sensor.

HELP ! Are there any options?

Tomorrow the shop will be pulling off the Bull Bar, after running system checks for two days only to find that the sensor is fine. I asked if can remount sensor and shop said, not officially and if did may not work 100% as it is Ford designed location.

Frolin

There seem to be no options of push bars that do not block the radar sensor. There are a few threads but no one has found on that works.

2013 Explorer with Bull Bar - ACC sensor error

I like the Bull Bar... that's why I put one on my (new to me) 2013, only to find out that it is now causing the Adaptive Cruise Control / Collision Sensor to fail.

I randomly get a error on the dash that the ACC fault - Sensor Blocked and then the ACC does not work.

The Dealer Service Center ran various checks and concludes, it is the Westin Bull Bar that I added, and they have no options to suggest.

Mine does not have the metal plate on the bottom (I think looks neat without to me), but from other posts I gather the sensor is not in the middle but off to one side so the outer tubing is the issue.

So this touched on above and debating lost a clear answer...
Does your have ACC? If so any issues? And if so, find a solution?

thanks!

Wondering exactly where the sensor is, and if any options to 'move it' ?

If it was located directly in the middle, say under the license plate, then the Bull Bar I have I could simply cut out the center cross tube.

From one post I found, it reads as if the sensor maybe on the drivers side of middle, where there is a 4x6 plate plate looking area.

Can anyone confirm this or else, exactly where it is and or options to move it ?

This has been covered. You even posted in the thread with the location of the sensor. Sorry you didn't search before you bought your bar, but there's nothing to be done.

I like the Bull Bar... that's why I put one on my (new to me) 2013, only to find out that it is now causing the Adaptive Cruise Control / Collision Sensor to fail.

I randomly get a error on the dash that the ACC fault - Sensor Blocked and then the ACC does not work.

The Dealer Service Center ran various checks and concludes, it is the Westin Bull Bar that I added, and they have no options to suggest.

Mine does not have the metal plate on the bottom (I think looks neat without to me), but from other posts I gather the sensor is not in the middle but off to one side so the outer tubing is the issue.

So this touched on above and debating lost a clear answer...
Does your have ACC? If so any issues? And if so, find a solution?

thanks!
This issue about the bar blocking the ACC has been brought up many times so it isn't a surprise it isn't working. See my post 140 for sensor location. It is also shown in your Owner's Manual (page 265 of the 4th print). Your choices as I see them are to either live with your ACC not working or removing the Bull Bar or modifying the way it mounts to the body.
BTW, I have merged the thread you posted in with this existing one I found using the Forum's 'Search' program.
Good luck.

Peter

Seems like I wont be adding one to my Explorer now. Also, I had my ACC sensor warning come on yesterday while driving, we have been having a lot of snow/rain/ice in recent days (Philadelphia, PA) and I guess all the muck on the roads has blocked it.

BBoXTCYkZU6
if you guys are interested my father is running a Westin bull bar. I have no idea if he has the ACC because they did the installation at his workplace which is ford. But since we didn't do the HID or an led conversion for the factory lights we saw no difference with the bars messing with the horizontal beam.also had 4 mounting points so we added 4 rigid industry fogs. Also it's a debadged 2013 ex XLT appearance package. Here's the link to the bull bar http://www.carid.com/2014-ford-explorer-grill-guards/westin-sportsman-grille-guard-76223660.html

Grill guard front camera issues

Hey all. New guy here. Looked around and can't find an existing thread.
I ordered a 2016 sport and I am in the process of sourcing a grill guard with possible light bar install. Just wondering if you have an links to one's that can accommodate the sport and have no issues blocking the front camera?

Hey all. New guy here. Looked around and can't find an existing thread.
I ordered a 2016 sport and I am in the process of sourcing a grill guard with possible light bar install. Just wondering if you have an links to one's that can accommodate the sport and have no issues blocking the front camera?
Not sure about the camera but it will likely interfere with the Adaptive Cruise Control if you have that. Most bars block ACC the radar unit.

Peter

Not sure about the camera but it will likely interfere with the Adaptive Cruise Control if you have that. Most bars block ACC the radar unit.

Peter
Thanks for the cross- threading. I donto have acc. My guess is it will just interfere with the 180 degree view a little. However not a huge issue.

Those that installed the Setina bar, how much cutting is required? Is the cut noticible after removal in a way that it would effect resale value? Any pics of the cut?

Those that installed the Setina bar, how much cutting is required? Is the cut noticible after removal in a way that it would effect resale value? Any pics of the cut?
See my post 213 as an FYI.

Peter

See my post 213 as an FYI.

Peter

Sorry for potentially being ignorant here, but I just don't understand...

Post #213 says "Not sure about the camera but it will likely interfere with the Adaptive Cruise Control if you have that. Most bars block ACC the radar unit.
Peter"

But I'm inquiring about where and how much of the bumper do we cut during installation per the Setina directions. Is that question related to the ACC system?

Sorry for potentially being ignorant here, but I just don't understand...

Post #213 says "Not sure about the camera but it will likely interfere with the Adaptive Cruise Control if you have that. Most bars block ACC the radar unit.
Peter"

But I'm inquiring about where and how much of the bumper do we cut during installation per the Setina directions. Is that question related to the ACC system?
Just as I said, it's an FYI pointing out that if you have ACC, be prepared for it to no longer function if you add the bar. There are those that weren't aware of the possible problem.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back