1/4 Mile Run Times | Page 32 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1/4 Mile Run Times

Can you please post your mods?

Thanks

In addition to mods, post your DA if you know it (or weather conditions if not). That will go a long way to making sense of the times.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Updated original post with mods.

In addition to mods, post your DA if you know it (or weather conditions if not). That will go a long way to making sense of the times.

I would also like to know what track the passes were make at.

Passes were made at New England Dragway, Epping, Nh. I do not know the DA.

You can get your DA at the below site. Just select your track and date/time, and it will provide the DA for you. I have found that it is pretty close, but it can be off by a few hundred points (usually reads a little low for my track).

It also has a calculator if you know the elevation, temp, humidity, and barometric pressure.

The DA can have a huge impact on the times you run. I've seen 0.8 seconds difference on my car (low 12's with -500 DA, high 12's with 3000 DA).

http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density-altitude-calculator.php

Houston Motorsports Park
Houston, Texas

No DA available

Passes were made at New England Dragway, Epping, Nh. I do not know the DA.

If your runs were on 8/22/14 at 9:22pm, your DA was around 280. That's pretty good. Lower the better, and anything within a few hundred points of 0 is pretty negligible. 0 would indicate the conditions are not impacting your performance one way or another.

For reference, I've been to the track 4 times this summer and never been below 2400 (and that was at 11pm). If you are trying to set a record, go when it is -1000. Anything much lower than that, and it is probably going to be too cold (that would be something like 0 elevation, 45 degrees, 30 BP, 30% humidity).

If your runs were on 8/22/14 at 9:22pm, your DA was around 280. That's pretty good. Lower the better, and anything within a few hundred points of 0 is pretty negligible. 0 would indicate the conditions are not impacting your performance one way or another.

For reference, I've been to the track 4 times this summer and never been below 2400 (and that was at 11pm). If you are trying to set a record, go when it is -1000. Anything much lower than that, and it is probably going to be too cold (that would be something like 0 elevation, 45 degrees, 30 BP, 30% humidity).

The track is very close to sea level so that definetly helps times. I am going to head back up in 2 weeks and the weather should be in the low 50s... should make for some fast times.

Harley#356, nice truck and nice stock/base numbers.
Etown is also my home track, this year I haven't done much racing but I used to race on the Late Model Mopar series there with my my SRT.
Just got our '14 Sport not too lone ago, just have about 2,500 miles on it now. I'll be going to a test and tune pretty soon with my SRT and hoping my wife brings the Explorer as well. I want to run it and see what the Sport can do.

13.7 @ 98 mph with a 1.99 60' only mods are Torrie's 91 octane tune and kn drop in. I will post up the slip later.
20140926_193333.jpg

13.7 @ 98 mph with a 1.99 60' only mods are Torrie's 91 octane tune and kn drop in. I will post up the slip later.

Nice !!

Post updated please excuse the horrendous reaction time. There was a car lined up next to me and it broke at the line so I wasn't ready for the tree to go off.

Post updated please excuse the horrendous reaction time. There was a car lined up next to me and it broke at the line so I wasn't ready for the tree to go off.

Do you do your passes with T/C off or in sand mode?

Do you do your passes with T/C off or in sand mode?

T/C off and brake boosting to 2k in normal mode... tried a few passes in sand mode and ran a tenth or two more. I know on the street sand mode feels faster but it has not been my expiererence at the track.

Have you run this thing again? If so, what is your best ET. Any mods so far? I am considering buying this one tomorrow!

I installed my tune not long ago and i am letting the tranny get use to it before i do a hard launch like as the 1-2 shifts WOT are still a bit harsh but getting better...but i will try 2200RPM or so when i first start

I tried like 1800 the other day but wasn't enough

Ran 1/4 mile yesterday...help with 60' times...

Well, went to see what this thing can do. Just FYI, I've got all the bells/whistles that Livernois has to offer for the XSport. It's lowered on H&R springs and have stock tires at stock PSI. I had it dyno'd the other day on the 100 octane and she made 395 ft/lb at about 2400 RPM

This is actually the second time I ran at the track, the first time I ran their 91 Performance Tune (I'm in Cali...only 91 out here). Last night I ran their 100 Octane tune. I completely ran out all the 91 and filled up half tank of Sonoco 100 we have out here at the pump.

Anyway, I'm not an experienced driver in regards to 1/4 mile so I'm sure my skill (or lack thereof) played a large part here but I was a little disappointed in how she ran and am looking for advice from some of you more experienced folks.

The first time I ran the 91, my ETs were around 13.7 consistantly with 60' being around 2.08 (bad I know) with trap speeds around 101. I felt pretty good about those times, despite my bad 60'.

Well, I ran the 100 octane tune last night and my times were around 13.5 with 60' STILL around 2.07 and trap speeds about 103.

I'm not TOO bothered by my times as I am more wondering about the 60' time. No matter what I try, I cannot break past the 2 second mark, which could give me better ETs. I tried different stall RPMs...2000, 2500, 3000, and even tried one where I did not do anything, just left the line cold (worst 60'). I can't get past 2.07 . I was getting frustrated. Oh BTW, traction control was always turned off.

The AWD can be tricky to launch I know as there is alot of traction. To get low 60' times in my old Evo, I had to slip the clutch since the AWD gripped so well. But you can't really do anything like that in these trucks.

I raced a few SRT8 Grand Cherokees that were hitting low 13s, high 12s at lower trap speeds than me, but getting 1.8 and 1.7 60' times.

Hell I even ran against a stock 2015 F150 that has the 3.5 ecoboost with nothing but a tune (no bolt on parts) and even his time was impressive (13.9 with 1.9 60')

And just to throw it out there, the night I ran the 91 tune, I tried a few times that Sand Mode to Normal Mode transition and that's a bunch of BS...this truck does not like that and I stopped it after 2 trys. As soon as I tried to change it to Normal after the shift to 2nd the transmission would just basically go into nuetral and hit the rev limiter. Jaime over at Livernois confirmed that doing this does nothing for you. Just run it in Normal Mode.

I'm certain I'm doing something wrong as a driver, but not sure what...any help on launching to get into the 1.8s?

Thanks for any assistance...

Ran my 2013 sport yesterday at Sacramento and the best I got was 13.6. My only mod is a Lund tune(they used to be on here but no longer are). Also ran some 104 octane. Needed higher than our 91 for the race tune. My 60 foots were very consistent at 2.1 and nothing I tried improved that. Also consistent trap at 99mph. This was in 90 degree heat so I am very happy with it. My previous best was 13.9.

Seems to compare pretty close to your times even with different tunes. Not sure what else we could do to improve the 60 foot times but it would sure improve the et's.

Drag Racing the Sport

Has anyone raced their Sport stock? I am stealing the wife's 16 Sport tomorrow to see how it does. I was hoping for a high 14 but this thing is such a dog off the line, I am now skeptical. I just took it out to try different launches and nothing seemed to make a difference. I tried Sport mode, sand mode, power braking to different rpm's, and it would just crawl off the line no matter what I tried. I want a tune just so it will get full throttle off the line!!

It goes great after the first 40ft, but I am expecting a horrible 2.4+ 60ft. Anyone race enough to figure out the best launch technique? The air was horrible today so I hope it is better tomorrow. My truck felt like it was way down on power today.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Turn off the traction control?

Back