1/4 Mile Run Times | Page 33 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1/4 Mile Run Times

Its a 5,000+ lb predominately front wheel drive crossover. Its natural and preferred state is standing still. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Its a 5,000+ lb predominately front wheel drive crossover. Its natural and preferred state is standing still. :)

LOL. It is all in the damn tune. I did have traction control and trailer sway control turned off. There is no way that the throttlebody is going WOT as fast as my foot. It could be turbo lag, but I don't feel that kind of lag when rolling and then go WOT. I think a tune alone will shave 4 tenths off just in the 60ft! The tuned 3.5 Eco trucks are running 1.6 60 fts spinning all 4 wheels! Bigger and heavier than the Ex. Yes, I know they have bigger turbos and fuel system and a longitudinally mounted motor, but still. Those are insane 60 fts for that truck. There is 0 turbo lag there. I'll ask my buddy at the track today what his 60ft was stock. I know it ran 14.1 so it had to be decent. 2015 F150 4wd 6.5ft bed extended cab, not crew. He has now run 12.49 with just a tune on 91 octane!

Has anyone raced their Sport stock? I am stealing the wife's 16 Sport tomorrow to see how it does. I was hoping for a high 14 but this thing is such a dog off the line, I am now skeptical. I just took it out to try different launches and nothing seemed to make a difference. I tried Sport mode, sand mode, power braking to different rpm's, and it would just crawl off the line no matter what I tried. I want a tune just so it will get full throttle off the line!!

It goes great after the first 40ft, but I am expecting a horrible 2.4+ 60ft. Anyone race enough to figure out the best launch technique? The air was horrible today so I hope it is better tomorrow. My truck felt like it was way down on power today.
Your thread has been merged with this existing on found by doing the 'Search' thing.

Peter

I knew about this message. I wanted a Fresh new one for my 16 with my title. I will just make a new one titled 16 Sport 1/4 mile Run after I get the results.

Your thread has been merged with this existing on found by doing the 'Search' thing.

Peter

Try to only use ONE foot. When I was "experimenting" and tried the two foot (with or w/o power braking) I got similar poor results. Like 6.8 vs 5.5 0-60 times. Ford service manager told me the slightest push of the brake pedal and the computer would shut down throttle.

Hopefully I get a few runs. I'll try normal mode with a power brake, sand mode, and idle launch. I'll experiment a little on the way out there.

May be redline it in neutral and drop it in gear? Just kidding, don't do that :)

It did pretty well, but I was getting horrible lights. On the street, sand mode felt slower and the more I power-braked it the more the computer would pull out power and cause it to take off slow, but you have to load it a little to preload the suspension and drivetrain. I only tried D and S and kept it in normal mode for the terrain management and tried around a 2k launch.

Look at my new message titled My 2016 Sport 1/4 Mile Runs for the times.

Anyone been to the track lately??

Won a couple weeks ago at Sonoma Raceway in the Sport Street class. Mild AJP tune with a best of 13.81 @98mph with a 1.95 60ft.

Nice, I need to check that tune out.

Only ran a 15 flat over at California speedway =(

Nice, I need to check that tune out.

Only ran a 15 flat over at California speedway =(
My wife's ran 14.5 @ 94mph stock with a 2.195 60ft. Almost identicle to my 93 LX 5.0 Mustang's first time out bone stock.

I have to look for my slip to find out the exact times. Conditions were not in favor of the Ex that day. It was a 100* F plus by the time I got my first run in.
Launched in sand mode at about 2200 rpm then switched to normal mode after shifting to 2nd.
Has a K&n filter also vent to atmosphere and removed the spear tire :D

JMS Chip any good?
Would be nice to crack 13's just looking for something mild.

Just checked out the link. Next time ill try out options you had mentioned.
only did 3 runs that day, just wanted to get out of that heat

What fuel were you running? 100 degrees is HOT. The intercoolers are not efficient on these. A buddy's 12 second F150's IAT's were 70 degrees cooler than mine on the same run! He had a SUPER aggressive tune running max boost and it was still way cooler. They don't like ovef 1800 rpm on the launch, especially stock. The computer wigs out. I think 2k is goid tuned. I need to check last week's datalogs and see what rpm I launched st for my best 60fts. Skip sand mode. It just makes throttle tip-in more sensitive. It might give it more rear bias at part throttle. "Sport" mode didn't help either. Pick a cooler day, turn off traction control and trailer sway control, and launch under 2k. Try not to stall it very long either.

I always run 91 octane. Definitely will be returning on a way cooler day. I'll keep all the tips in mind. Thanks
I thought the only way to turn off traction control was to turn the dial to one of the offroad modes? ex: sand mode

13 button click on the steering wheel. Pain in the ass.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back