How many actually own an Explorer

How many own an Explorer?

• Currently own

Votes: 106 89.8%
  • Previously own

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Researching getting ready to buy

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other (just poking around as I have nothing better to do)

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chicagoslick

Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Platinum
I was curious as to how many people actually own an EXP versus, previous ownership, versus research to buy one...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm a short term forum member on a lot of forums.
I join forums that concentrate on a vehicle I am "ready to buy".

THIS site is the best Explorer site on the web. Lots of smart members who are also enthusiasts who are more than willing to spend their time answering questions and pointing me in the right direction with my order.
I thank each and every one of you for answering my questions, and making this purchase fun.

I was curious as to how many people actually own an EXP versus, previous ownership, versus research to buy one...

You are missing out on seeing how many are repeat explorer owners in your poll. There a quite a few here. Just a FYI.
:)

Yep, This is our second Explorer. Also owned an Eddie Bauer Expedition back when the kids were young.

This is my 3 Explorer and 4th Ford SUV/CUV

Great points above. Glad there are repeat buyers and also glad people are researching buying. It will surprise me if people actually select the nothing better to do category, however that is what I am most curious about. Seams like there many people who post on here who nothing about what they are saying and just post to get a reaction....

Currently own (2):

2011 XLT
2016 Sport

You are missing out on seeing how many are repeat explorer owners in your poll. There a quite a few here. Just a FYI.
:)
I'm an owner of a gracefully aging 2004 XLT as well as a prospective buyer of a 2017 Sport. My BMW sedan is a lease that ends in August; I'm thinking abut consolidating the two cars into one.

Since the question is about owning an Explorer, yes, I do and it's my first one. Since the edges are bottled on this subject, so to speak, this is not a question that also involves those who may lease one? Maybe that distinction should be included to avoid confusion in the results? :salute:

This is my first Explorer (which I love!) In the past I have owned a Expedition and a diesel Excursion.

First one, first Ford, first domestic.

This will be my third. Ordered 2016 Sport, early March. Should be here in May. Hoping there will additional incentives/allowances in May for Memorial Day "specials".

I grew up with a 1995 Explorer in the family. Sadly, I crashed it and flipped it in December 2010. Dad bought a 2011 Explorer and I bought it from him a year later. Also bought a 2014 F-150 for side jobs and dad owns a Fusion which my sister occasionally drives.

Last 4 cars, all SUV's.

Mitsubishi Montero Sport
Mitsubishi Montero
Dodge Nitro
Now a 2013 Ford Explorer XLT

Bought the Explorer in March after the wife and I bought a 2015 Lincoln MKC in December. I have to say, when we bought the MKC (for her) I was a bit jealous that she had a newer car. So I started shopping and my first impression was "when the f did Explorers become $45,000 cars?"

So I started looking, test drove one and fell in love with it. Now I run all the family errands just to drive it. Great car, very happy with my choice and am already planning for the next one (accelerated payments), probably in late 2017.

I'm on number 2. It's a 2010 XLT. My first was a 2005 XLT. Both were same color inside and out. Sangria Red with tan interrior.

Marty:usa:

Personal

2004 Ex Limited
2011 Ex Limited
2013 Ex Limited
2014 Ex Sport
2017 Ex Sport (Awaiting Order)

Work

2013 Interceptor Utility
2016 Interceptor Utility

My 2013 Limited is my second Explorer. My first one was a 2000 XLT.

I'm currently driving my 5th, a gently used '05.

This is my second Ex. The first was over a decade ago, I don't remember the year but it was an Eddie Bauer . I've also owned a Bronco and an Edge, as far as SUV's go.

This is my favorite, by far. Even better than my Aviator, and I loved that one.

TW

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Had a 96 with the 4.0 and a 2002 with the 4.6..Perferred the 4.6 in the 2002 a lot better..Both were excellent vehicles as I drove them from Miami-NYC several times a year..Both had awesome back support IMHO and ran flawlessly for over 200K miles..Both were only dealer serviced by a awesome Ford dealer at that time.

If the 2011 and up had a 4.6 or even a 3.7 [like law enforcement have] I would be all over it..The 3.5 does not cut it for me as I drove several with the 3.5 already..Looking at 2014 Navigators,Expeditions, or even possibly a Tahoe or Suburban to replace my current vehicle later in the year..I do not want to deal with Turbos..As long as I can have a V8 I will do my best to get one.

Back