Post Pics Of Your Tires (want to see what 275/45/20 on a Sport looks like) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Post Pics Of Your Tires (want to see what 275/45/20 on a Sport looks like)

gadgetball

Reaction score
City, State
Kennesaw GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
I'm looking to go from stock tire size (on the Sport 20x9 rim) on my 2013 XSport to 275/45/20. I have H&R springs ready for install once my stock tires wear out. I'd like to see what they look like on our XSports before I purchase. Anyone have them that want to share?...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm having 275 45 20 Nitto NT421Qs installed tomorrow and I'll snap some pics and post em up. I know there are others running that size and a search should yield some pics as well.

I have those size tires on my explorer and they look awesome. I went with the hankook ventus

Yes but how do I upload them?

Yes but how do I upload them?
The easiest way is to take out a $20 Elite membership and that way you can load them right from your computer as well as getting rid of pop ups. Or check out this thread in the 'Sticky' section of the 'Discussion' sub forum and it will take you to the 'How To' using a 3rd party site. Be aware that pictures posted that way tend to disappear after a while since they are not saved on our servers.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=445029

Peter

My Ecobeast 15 sport with fuel assault wheels 275/55/20s. 1" offset. A little poke and no robbing. Ride is amazing

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 2,465
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 1,933
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 3,196

Sorry I put the stock tires back on the new wheels .. let me restate size. 255/50 R20s.. I had 275/55/20s on for winter with NO issues NONE and speedo was almost right on. I clocked it against the Trinity tuner and phone GPS ..

Sorry I put the stock tires back on the new wheels .. let me restate size. 255/50 R20s.. I had 275/55/20s on for winter with NO issues NONE and speedo was almost right on. I clocked it against the Trinity tuner and phone GPS ..
Hi Expoman. Do you have the 275 55 20's on or the 255 50s ? i'm current running 275 45s and looking to go 275 55s to fill the space and wanted to know if anyone else is currently running the same.

Hi Expoman. Do you have the 275 55 20's on or the 255 50s ? i'm current running 275 45s and looking to go 275 55s to fill the space and wanted to know if anyone else is currently running the same.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Not sure which trim you currently have. Your profile shows Xmlt. Not sure what that is.:dunno:
If your OEM size is 255/50R20 going to a 275/55R20 is definitely NOT recommended. The accepted maximum diameter variance when changing tire sizes is 3%. With your proposed size you more than double that to 6.2%. This will put a lot of extra strain on the brake system and negatively affect the factory programmed ABS and BCM modules.
https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc?tires=255-50r20-275-55r20

Peter

My Ecobeast 15 sport with fuel assault wheels 275/55/20s. 1" offset. A little poke and no robbing. Ride is amazing
What size and offset are the rims you installed? What an awesome look.

What size and offset are the rims you installed? What an awesome look.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I'm not sure if the member is still following the thread. He was last seen here in February.

Peter

Back