Push Bar for Explorer | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I just ordered mine from FS yesterday. Website said it could take up to 4 weeks for delivery. How long did it take yours to arrive?

Yeah that sounds about right. I took awhile for mine to arrive.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My Setina bar finally arrived this past Monday. Looking to install it along with a pioneer light and a two whelen ION's this Sat/Sun at the fire dept.

I'm not sure why there isn't an Image Attachment feature enabled on this forum but here is the finished product of today's install.

https://imgur.com/a/QYgAd

I'm not sure why there isn't an Image Attachment feature enabled on this forum........
There is but you have to have an Elite Membership to use it.

Peter

I am looking for a good push bar..not those massive ones..but the smaller one. I am moving to South Boston..aka my bumper WILL be tapped a lot

Edit: I just ordered the Aries for my Ex. Hopefully installation isn't too bad

Does anyone know what size lights fit the ares bull bar?

Hey all -

I have a 2013 Explorer XLT 4WD 3.5L NA. I've been checking around and manufacturers, such as Setina, are saying that their push bars will not fit my vehicle . . . so, I wanted to reach out and get some verification from the community and see if this is total BS or not. I see from some of the posts what look like XLT trim levels that do have push bars. Setina's reasoning was that, on my specific vehicle, it would restrict airflow to the engine because it is NA and not Ecoboost. Other manufacturers give the reason of their product mounts specifically for law enforcement vehicles. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Hey all -

I have a 2013 Explorer XLT 4WD 3.5L NA. I've been checking around and manufacturers, such as Setina, are saying that their push bars will not fit my vehicle . . . so, I wanted to reach out and get some verification from the community and see if this is total BS or not. I see from some of the posts what look like XLT trim levels that do have push bars. Setina's reasoning was that, on my specific vehicle, it would restrict airflow to the engine because it is NA and not Ecoboost. Other manufacturers give the reason of their product mounts specifically for law enforcement vehicles. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Setina will mount to your vehicle just fine with no hardware/design issues. However having said that the XLT may have the adaptive cruise control which a push bumper will interfere with. This is discussed a lot in this thread.

Setina will mount to your vehicle just fine with no hardware/design issues. However having said that the XLT may have the adaptive cruise control which a push bumper will interfere with. This is discussed a lot in this thread.
Thank you for the info! Really appreciate it. No, I don't have ACC, so I should be good to go. I wonder if the manufacturers are saying their products won't fit to avoid any kind of liability . . . . oh well. No biggie. Looks like I'm ordering one! Thanks again!

Thank you for the info! Really appreciate it. No, I don't have ACC, so I should be good to go. I wonder if the manufacturers are saying their products won't fit to avoid any kind of liability . . . . oh well. No biggie. Looks like I'm ordering one! Thanks again!
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Good luck with the project.

Peter

Good luck! Let us know how it goes and dont forget to add some pics!

Project complete! I decided on a Go Rhino push bumper. Lower cost and quicker delivery date. I also added Philips Daylight 4 DRLs. While the bumper cover was off, I replaced a broken fog light assembly and add LED bulbs to them. Good times. The Explorer needs a bath, but here are some pics, as requested. Thanks again for the bumper advice and thanks to the forums for the other mod ideas. Much appreciated.

2rm12bn.jpg

33mamxe.jpg

2565ulj.jpg

2h4gmxk.jpg

Where is the best place to get the Setina PB-400 Push Bar ?

You can buy direct from Setina....they are in Washington State.

It blocks ACC so I hope your Sport doesn't have it.

Looking for a "deer Rack" to protect the front of the vehicle. Any suggestions?

Looking for a "deer Rack" to protect the front of the vehicle. Any suggestions?
Not sure what that is. I've never heard the term in describing what you're looking for. Is it like a bush guard or push bumper?

Peter

I thought the OP wanted something to put a deer on his explorer, after he shot it.

Yep, with the roof rack limitations I thought that he wanted a way to haul home that 200lb buck that he plans to shoot.
But I am sure that he wants a brush or push bar, but if he is worried about hitting a deer he would need one that goes across the whole front end.

Sorry for not describing it properly. But the word "front" in my description might have given a hint?? Ok, what do you call it? Brush rack? The bars that go on the front of the vehicle to protect it if we hit a deer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry for not describing it properly. But the word "front" in my description might have given a hint?? Ok, what do you call it? Brush rack? The bars that go on the front of the vehicle to protect it if we hit a deer
I got the "front" part and that is why I asked before merging your thread with this one. Good luck and Happy New Year.

Peter

Back