2013 Explorer Sport Part # - looking for help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer Sport Part # - looking for help

gday

Reaction score
City, State
Loomis, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport +402A
Callsign
VK2XOC
I'm trying to buy what I believe are called "Water Shields" or "Water Deflectors" that cover the internal opening in the doors that give you access to the window regulator etc. These are simple flat plastic pieces which are "glued" to the door.

I'm specifically looking for the front right and rear right parts. I can't find any reference to this part on fordparts.com and my local dealer says the parts are not available - simply since he can't find them either.

The part #'s appear to be stamped on these parts but are *very* hard to read but here is what I've come up with:

Front right - BB5Z 78237A04 AA
Rear right - BB5Z 7827458 AB

Can anyone confirm I have the right parts for my 2013 Explorer Sport and/or point me to a dealer that might be able to confirm and sell them to me??

Thanks,

-mick

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Searched the Internet using your number;
http://www.oemfordpart.com/oe-ford/bb5z78237a04a
Also http://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-shield-water-splash_bb5z-7827458-a.html
Searching for the first number using the 2nd one's 'Search' feature resulted in no such number for a 2013 Explorer.
Try sending a message to Benny at Levittown Ford Super Center to see if he has any info on them;
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?conversations/add&to=LevittownFordSuperCenter
Good luck.

Peter

If you confirm it is the piece in the lower left then I dont have good news as these panels literally cost thousands each and include all other parts with the neon green triangle. I thought this was an error and I had to check it 3 times!

-Benny

explorer_door.gif

If you confirm it is the piece in the lower left then I dont have good news as these panels literally cost thousands each and include all other parts with the neon green triangle. I thought this was an error and I had to check it 3 times!
Thanks for the reply Benny. I believe those pieces are the armor plating for the interceptor (at least that's what I saw a few weeks ago on fordparts.com) which would explain the cost. The pieces I am looking for should run around $40-> $60 - which is the price I see for the "same" pieces on other Ford models.

Over the weekend I was able to get more confident with the numbers stamped on the plastic. And they are:

Front right - BB53 78237A04 AA
Rear right - BB53 7827458 AB

-mick

That makes perfect sense Mick! I continued to searched all throughout our dealer catalogs but come up empty. The numbers you have appear to be engineering numbers which usually cross over to part numbers but these do not meaning it is possible they are not serviced. I checked a 2015 also to see if they were perhaps left out of earlier data but still come up empty.

-Benny

Back