What did you do to your 5th Gen? | Page 18 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Level 3 Thursday!

Ryan just picked up his XSport featuring out Level 3 Kit! Let's just say there is actually some sport in his Explorer now!

80_w400_h_images_ePIM_original_P04_LPP663120a_main.jpg

Level 3 XSPORT.png

Get your Level 3 kit installed TODAY!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

CnBYz8RXgAAZoM6.jpg

Functional without being ovebearing.:thumbsup:

Yeah i wasn't going with the $350 one that the cops have. This will do the trick (Moving to south boston...aka your bumpers get hit twice a day with street parking...i needed something)

(please don't fall off on the highway tomorrow..please don't fall off on the highway tomorrow :laugh::laugh:)

What did you use for your blinker tint? Overlays? I have Overlays on mine but they show all these little cracks in them now and want to re do them

I did tint, however I cant remember what the brand was he used. He mentioned it was the best exterior tint to use (of course he would say that). He did the amber on my head lights, tails, 3rd brake light and small deflectors on rear bumper.

0708161956_HDR_zpspbrbao1g.jpg

0711160856_zpsyto43koj.jpg

Did this on Friday afternoon. Love them, no pics of the rear, as it started raining :(...

Added more power to the front mid-bass drivers (260 watts x 2)

IMG_0552.JPG

I removed the Sport and Ecoboost badges in the rear and the E X P L O R E R letters from the hood.

Picked up a White 16 Sport 2 days ago

Next up is tinting the front then black ford emblems and a 2nd row console.

I removed the Sport and Ecoboost badges in the rear and the E X P L O R E R letters from the hood.

Picked up a White 16 Sport 2 days ago

Next up is tinting the front then black ford emblems and a 2nd row console.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

Installed DRL LED over the weekend, I already had my park light turned on as the DRL by the dealer a long time ago. I decided to add an led drl with switch back, during the day when the DRL is on, the LED shows white, at night when the park light is on, it lights up amber.Looks pretty bright, bought it from amazon, hopefully it last for quite some time.

drl.jpg

Installed DRL LED over the weekend, I already had my park light turned on as the DRL by the dealer a long time ago. I decided to add an led drl with switch back, during the day when the DRL is on, the LED shows white, at night when the park light is on, it lights up amber.Looks pretty bright, bought it from amazon, hopefully it last for quite some time.

View attachment 91592
Looks great do you have a link?

Installed a powered sub woofer Kenwood KSC SW11, I placed it under the middle seat of the 2nd row seat, it fits just enough, I was able route a 10 gauge wire on the grommet being used for the rear windshield washer line behind the glove box, it's a pain to get to but no drilling needed. before that I also replaced the 4 speakers front and rear with JBLs 6x9 (3way) and 5.25 (2 way). It now sounds a real premium sounds.

subwoofer.jpg

power-grommet.jpg

Tint and 2nd row console.

Lowering and black emblems next.

Tint and 2nd row console.

Lowering and black emblems next.
Just a word of caution that lowering could possibly void your 5 year powertrain warranty.

Did the console vault last night. Super easy install with the right tool.
60611fd6-a333-4713-a338-027e70aa40a7_zpsgu9sfrc6.jpg

Did the console vault last night. Super easy install with the right tool.

Do you have some pics of the console vault installed and the inside? I've been considering getting one as I work out of my car and oftentimes put a valuable or two in my console, but I don't want to take away storage. Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back