Rear Camera - No Guidelines Show | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear Camera - No Guidelines Show

`Let me give you and update, my vehicle is at the dealer for checking the camera problem, and they told me that I have to Replace the backup Camera, as well as the APIM :eek: I told them there must be something wrong how it is possible that APIM and Camera got damage simultaneusly...? well dealer told me they run some test and both item suffer an electronic shortcircuit.
Can this be truth..? everything is working flawless with my MFT except for the backup camera !!!
Further more, dealer told me that APIM is not cover under warranty because I bought my vehicle in the USA and not locally, Im living in the dominican republic and bring my vehicle from the US...this is frustrating, I thought that FORD warranty was global :(
any suggestion will be appreciate, I really do not trust on dealer evaluation, I think they do not want to spend time finding the problem, it is easier for them just to replace everything.....
help please !!

Read the wwarranty booklet, if your car was originally sold for use in USA then the warranty still applies outside USA, but you might have to take your reciepts to a USA dealer to ask for a refund.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

rear camera - no active guideline **update**

Well I would like to give you an update of my situation...After a couple of weeks finally the dealer replace the APIM under warranty, I bought a used camera over the internet from a Ford explorer sport 2015 and my sistem was updated to version sync2-v3.8..I have my camera back again everything is working fine except for the "active guideline" which do not appear !!
dealer reinstall latest sync software without success. Now after 2 days trying... dealer gave up, they do not know what else to do to have the active guideline back and working again. they have not seen a model like mine with automated parking system.
PLease help !! any assist will be pretty much appreciate

Well I would like to give you an update of my situation...After a couple of weeks finally the dealer replace the APIM under warranty, I bought a used camera over the internet from a Ford explorer sport 2015 and my sistem was updated to version sync2-v3.8..I have my camera back again everything is working fine except for the "active guideline" which do not appear !!
dealer reinstall latest sync software without success. Now after 2 days trying... dealer gave up, they do not know what else to do to have the active guideline back and working again. they have not seen a model like mine with automated parking system.
PLease help !! any assist will be pretty much appreciate
It has nothing to do with the Sync software. Anytime a camera is replaced, the dealer has to set it up to match your vehicle using, I believe, an IDS program on his laptop. This is because not all trim levels have the same camera options. This 'setup' requirement has been mentioned several times here. See also post 80. I'm guessing the dealer hasn't had much experience in replacing cameras.

Peter

Thank you Peter, I will tell to the dealer guy and get back here with updates

hello Peter, I just returned the vehicle to the dealer, Explained to them what you wrote and finally I have backup camera up and running flawless !!
thank you !! :)

hello Peter, I just returned the vehicle to the dealer, Explained to them what you wrote and finally I have backup camera up and running flawless !!
thank you !! :)
Glad to help. That's what the members are here for. Have a great weekend.:thumbsup:

Peter

Hello guys, I had the same issue on my Ford Explorer 2012 Limited, first the guidelines disappeared, after that randomly I was getting the error message "Rear View Camera is unavailable, Please contact your dealership", so I took my car there, they did a master reset the first time but after a few hours of have my car back the same message was displaying again, so I made another appointment this time they told me that they have to order a new camera because it was working sporadically, then today I went in again and I got my camera replaced finally and for free. Originally they told me that they will charge me $200 because it was out of the warranty but then they told me that it was all covered. So I guess Ford now is realizing that is something wrong with their back up cameras, maybe they are defective? who knows... anyway I will post again if this crappy issue happens again. Thanks to this post I was able to make the right decision and take my car back to the dealership without spending a dime.

Hi everyone,

All of a sudden my rear-view camera didn't come on yesterday. All I got was a black screen with a warning that read "Camera is unavailable. Please contact your dealership." After a few restarts (I was running errands) the camera came back on but without any guides. Guides haven't come back since. Here's what I have done to troubleshoot:

- I went into settings are switched on/off the additional guides option a couple of times
- I switched the camera delay on/off a few times
- I pulled out fuse 29 for an hour to restart the system

Any assistance on next steps would be greatly appreciated.

Jose

Hi there Jose. It seems like ages since you last posted. More than likely your rearview camera will have to be replaced. This problem seems to be occurring more and more with the 2011 and 2012 models. If you still have the OEM camera I think you'll see quite an improvement in the resolution on the new one. If the camera is replaced, make sure that the tech sets up the camera using the IDS tool to match your vehicle in order that you will have the proper setting for the guidelines. Good luck.

Peter

I have the same problem and also some times the backup camera doesn't come on. The dealer said I need a new camera cost $450.00.

No active rear camera guidelines

My guidelines vanished last week, all settings Menu/vehicle/rear camera are set to active+fixed and on and the preview shows what I used to have. Going to dealer for answer. BTW, my friends 2011 LTD also lost the guidelines today. Something vewwy squewwy, around here!:banghead:

I have the same problem. I have a 2012 Ford Explorer limited my lines have just vanished. Then they came back after I did a master reset to factory defaults. What's weird is that there is no spot to turn off the guidelines just the green yellow and red blocks that follow the guidelines.
This is really starting to Bother me due to the fact that I have never had any damage on the rear of the vehicle and I use them to reverse park...if ANYONE COULD HELP ME WITH THIS IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

I have the same problem. I have a 2012 Ford Explorer limited my lines have just vanished. Then they came back after I did a master reset to factory defaults. What's weird is that there is no spot to turn off the guidelines just the green yellow and red blocks that follow the guidelines.
This is really starting to Bother me due to the fact that I have never had any damage on the rear of the vehicle and I use them to reverse park...if ANYONE COULD HELP ME WITH THIS IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED
Have you checked page 291 of your Manual? Fixed guidelines can be turned ON or OFF. The Active Guidelines can also be turned OFF.

Peter

Have you checked page 291 of your Manual? Fixed guidelines can be turned ON or OFF. The Active Guidelines can also be turned OFF.

Peter[/QUOTE
Yes I have checked the manual and checked the settings and everything
They are gone
Not coming back

Thank you. Good luck. As I mentioned in the other thread the APIM should still be under warranty.

Peter

Could someone help me please???
Is the reverse camera part of "My Ford Touch"?

Could someone help me please???
Is the reverse camera part of "My Ford Touch"?
I would think not. It is controlled through the MFT screen as are many other features but that doesn't make it part of MFT.

Peter

I would think not. It is controlled through the MFT screen as are many other features but that doesn't make it part of MFT.

Peter
Who would I contact about getting my camera guidelines back. Supposedly there is a warranty on the reverse camera

Who would I contact about getting my camera guidelines back. Supposedly there is a warranty on the reverse camera
There is no special warranty on the rearview camera that I'm aware of. It falls under the 3 year, 36k mile warranty and the ESP if in effect. If your guidelines are set up in the 'settings' to show and they don't, you likely need a new camera.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is no special warranty on the rearview camera that I'm aware of. It falls under the 3 year, 36k mile warranty and the ESP if in effect. If your guidelines are set up in the 'settings' to show and they don't, you likely need a new camera.

Peter
That's not really fair...how could I have caused my guidelines to vanish? Now I'm told it's $450 to replace the camera

Back