Ford Remote Start iPhone app. (Fordpass) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Remote Start iPhone app. (Fordpass)

I'm confused. Are we saying I won't be able to use FordPass to start, stop, lock and unlock my brand new 2017 Sport?
That's the general idea I've got from reading this, yeah. While it seems to want to connect with my XLT it never does (at least not right), and according to jrm061 it doesn't have the required modem in it to use these functions.

As I've stated before it's not a huge deal for me at all as using FordPass would be just a minor convenience to use, but I can imagine others would utilize it more and this news is a bit of a bummer. The one thing I find odd is this is included on lower end vehicles (Fiesta, Escape) and not the Explorer itself. Just seems odd.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks. This would be a huge disappointed for me. My wife just took delivery of an Escape that has this. Not having it in a brand new Explorer would be hard to accept.

FordPass Compatible Vehicles.

The Command and Control features are only available for vehicles that have SYNC Connect (embedded mode).

SYNC Connect was an installed option on my Explorer.

Does it work?

Here's my latest update. Dealer confirmed that Sync Connect (a hardware item) is required and is only offered on the Escape and Fusion. I confirmed that my window sticker does NOT say Sync Connect (on the Explorer) and my wife's Escape's window sticker DOES say Sync Connect.

Dealer is doing their best to make me happy and offering to install the Ford Accessory Remote Start system for half of their cost. Reviews of the system are not good. Looks like the app hasn't been updated in a couple of years. Going to check out DroneMobile.

I would be curious to have someone from Ford 'in the know' to explain why lower end modeled vehicles got this and more of the top tier lines didn't. Again, it's not a huge issue for me, but I'm curious nonetheless.

I would be curious to have someone from Ford 'in the know' to explain why lower end modeled vehicles got this and more of the top tier lines didn't. Again, it's not a huge issue for me, but I'm curious nonetheless.
Perhaps Ford learned a lesson from when they rolled out MFT in all models and ran into many issues. Sync 3 was rolled out in stages in some 2016 models with the Explorer being the last to get that in the 2017 models. I believe they may be doing the same with the Sync Connect feature.

Peter

Current conspiracy theory from Dearborn is that Sync Connect is included in all the low end Fords to accommodate the lazy Millenniums. It was deemed unnecessary for anyone who has a job and can afford an Explorer. The FordPass app should be renamed to the FordAss app.

Current conspiracy theory from Dearborn is that Sync Connect is included in all the low end Fords to accommodate the lazy Millenniums. It was deemed unnecessary for anyone who has a job and can afford an Explorer. The FordPass app should be renamed to the FordAss app.

LMFAO

i do not have a ford pass in my explorer.
what parts should I add to make it a ford pass? i hate obd2.
and should lte be connected?
please.

i do not have a ford pass in my explorer.
what parts should I add to make it a ford pass? i hate obd2.
and should lte be connected?
please.
In reading the posts in this thread, I don't think it's possible. I believe you require Ford Connect in order for Ford Pass to work and 'Connect' just came out with the 2018.

Peter

My Explorer has this an I finally made it to the dealer about getting it up an running and they were clueless. I bought mine used and have all the included paperwork. The manual states the activation pin code was valid one time and to see the dealer for a new one. Obviously that did no good. They actually called the Ford custom accessories place and they stated they need to instruct the dealer on how to hook my car up to their computers to get a new code. Such a convoluted process it seems. And of course the dealer wants to charge me. I was mainly looking to get it set up because there's still an active membership on it. Anyone ever have to get a second pin to get this going? Also, the card that has the original pin and ID number, there was clearly a sim card in it. Is there a sim card slot in the explorer?

anyone scrap the Ford OEM app or have any experience with the DroneMobile app? I like my RMaccess but if it is not supported Id like to have options..

My Explorer has this an I finally made it to the dealer about getting it up an running and they were clueless. I bought mine used and have all the included paperwork. The manual states the activation pin code was valid one time and to see the dealer for a new one. Obviously that did no good. They actually called the Ford custom accessories place and they stated they need to instruct the dealer on how to hook my car up to their computers to get a new code. Such a convoluted process it seems. And of course the dealer wants to charge me. I was mainly looking to get it set up because there's still an active membership on it. Anyone ever have to get a second pin to get this going? Also, the card that has the original pin and ID number, there was clearly a sim card in it. Is there a sim card slot in the explorer?
J- Candidly the stealership's lack of knowledge is not surprising to me. VERY disappointing they dont know their product for their customers. I find the stealerships honestly don't give a crap. They want to sell you a truck and be done.. take your money as much of it as possible and then say NEXT!!! I like the service techs and service mgmt team at my dealer.. The owner is a nice guy and his kids ( millenials) run the place and are idiots.. They don't know SH&& about client relationships and think buying a car is like walmart. I could go on .. net net I had to research and train the dam dealer.. about R/A .. even though it hasnt been updated it works well to this day on my 15 Love the vehicle and the RM in upstate NY is a GREAT feature .... I tick off all my friends that have Audi, Porsche, BMW Dodge etc. when I use it when we go somewhere.. Especially on those sub zero temp trips..

Back