Nitrous 1994 Explorer | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Nitrous 1994 Explorer

About a month ago I got Nitrous on my 1994 Explorer and I've been waiting to try it out at the track. Wednesday was the first Test & Tune night at Bandimere Speedway. Currently spraying 50 HP with NGK TR6 spark plugs. After a couple runs the spark plugs looked great. Probably gonna try a 75 shot sometime soon. I gotta thank user [MENTION=91966]jd4242[/MENTION] for his help on getting the kit installed.

Up here at 5800 feet above sea level, cars run a lot slower. With only a KKM intake and Dynomax muffer my fastest run ever was 19.30 at 70 mph.

Here at the time slips
20160428_115846_001.jpg

Quite a big drop in ET and good MPH gain. This kit was definatly worth it whether it's racing or just messing around on the streets.

Video of me at Bandimere Speedway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF8yaVFDRQE

This is the kit i used: http://www.amazon.com/Nitrous-Express-20421-10-Proton-System/dp/B004706C0Q?ie=UTF8&dpID=51Pf-4tbpAL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL100_SR100%2C100_&refRID=BVXFR76Y48TZXKX4W7Z1&ref_=pd_aw_sim_sbs_263_2&ref_=redir_mobile_desktop#immersive-view_1456289394090

The setup:
10lb Bottle
20160325_111346.jpg

Fuel and Nitrous lines
20160325_111418.jpg

Solenoids
20160325_111437.jpg

Engage Switch Off/On
20160429_171751.jpg

Fire button
20160429_171829.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Id just wrap the pipe in the fiberglass exhaust wrap stuff to keep the tube from heating up..id try and make a shield around the filter for sure though
I was thinking, if the intake tube got hot from lots of air passing through it wouldn't the heat wrap keep the intake hot and make it more difficult to cool down?

I was thinking, if the intake tube got hot from lots of air passing through it wouldn't the heat wrap keep the intake hot and make it more difficult to cool down?
Thats not why it gets hot..it gets hot from the radiant heat in the engine bay or the fan blowing hot air on it..thats why you see companies like K&N making intakes out of composite material or plastic but are straight smooth tubes

Thats not why it gets hot..it gets hot from the radiant heat in the engine bay or the fan blowing hot air on it..thats why you see companies like K&N making intakes out of composite material or plastic but are straight smooth tubes
Makes sense. UP will probably be first. I'm hoping to find an used Underdrive pulley from somewhere. Not having the best luck, might just have to get it new. This week I'll check the tps sensor. I have a feeling it needs to be adjusted because of the new TB. Not 100% positive on how to tweak it, but i'll have to read more on the thread you linked on how to do it.

Hey you got lucky with the bbk,maybe your find a UDP but doubt it..only time people get ride of them is if they go belt driven supercharged

The tps is pretty easy,id just get it close and if not then dremel the screw holes out so it can turn slightly. .normally if you just take them slightly lose you can turn it enough to get it very close,then tighten it down wile holding it at the voltage

Hey you got lucky with the bbk,maybe your find a UDP but doubt it..only time people get ride of them is if they go belt driven supercharged
I've been looking at 4.0 mustangs near me that are being parted out with no luck. None of them have aftermarket parts on them.

Im 99% sure i have a spare overdrive for your alternator. .if i find it you can have it for like $10 plus shipping (fits in a usps envelope) if not ebay has them for like $20,they will work with you stock belt so you could put it on anytime
Did you by chance find the overdrive pulley for the alternator? I was gonna try and save a few bucks but if you can't find it I'll just go ahead and order one off ebay.

Did you by chance find the overdrive pulley for the alternator? I was gonna try and save a few bucks but if you can't find it I'll just go ahead and order one off ebay.
I know i have one that just came in my kit for the 4.6 but not 100% that one will fit.pretty sure but not 100% so i need to go by my storage unit and dig through my parts to find the other one or my spare alternator to test fit it the 4.6 one on if i cant find the 4.0 ones...

I know i have one that just came in my kit for the 4.6 but not 100% that one will fit.pretty sure but not 100% so i need to go by my storage unit and dig through my parts to find the other one or my spare alternator to test fit it the 4.6 one on if i cant find the 4.0 ones...
I could save you the hassle and just order it off ebay. Price would be similar anyway.

I could save you the hassle and just order it off ebay. Price would be similar anyway.
Up to you.im just slammed with work 6 days a week and got a newborn so free time is TIGHT..lol

Think last i checked they were like only $20+ shipping on ebay so doubt that breaks the bank..lol

Cool. It's same one you linked on page 3. I'll go ahead and order it.
Lol sorry.told you im busy,hard to even keep up with what i even post anymore..lol

Lol sorry.told you im busy,hard to even keep up with what i even post anymore..lol
No worries. I checked my tps sensor and its reading 1.01v then 4.56v at full throttle. Do I need to do any adjustments?

No worries. I checked my tps sensor and its reading 1.01v then 4.56v at full throttle. Do I need to do any adjustments?
Id take the srews just slightly loose and see if you can turn it slightly to see if it will come down to about .96...hold there and tighten the screws back down..hopefully that will work but 1.01 is on the pretty high side and will cause a rich situation

If that dont work you may want to take it off and dremel the screw holes out to slight slots ..start very small tho..just enlarging the holes sometimes can give you enough to turn it to get it down to .96

Id take the srews just slightly loose and see if you can turn it slightly to see if it will come down to about .96...hold there and tighten the screws back down..hopefully that will work but 1.01 is on the pretty high side and will cause a rich situation

If that dont work you may want to take it off and dremel the screw holes out to slight slots ..start very small tho..just enlarging the holes sometimes can give you enough to turn it to get it down to .96
Will I notice a slight difference after doing this? What should full throttle voltage be at?

Back