Sport EcoBoost 3.5L Tuning | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sport EcoBoost 3.5L Tuning

I bought a x4 but it has no canned tunes because the strategy cannot be unlocked yet.
I can run data logs and look at certain parameters but that is about it for now.

Oh . .......OK......when I bought my X4 I got 3 tunes 87/89/91 when I set up my X4 on the SCT website software. Then I was emailed 3 more from Torrie at Unleashed Tuning. Hopefully when the 17 strategy is tuned you will get a bunch to pick from.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd be interested in some minor tuning on my new 17 Explorer sport, but I'd only consider warranty friendly tunes. I hear that Ford Racing is providing tunes for Mustangs, but haven't seen anything for other models.

Good luck with that, they don't exist for the Explorer.

Its aftermarket tuners or nothing.

I have never had an issue with dealer service when I tune back to stock before servicing.

I bought a x4 but it has no canned tunes because the strategy cannot be unlocked yet.
I can run data logs and look at certain parameters but that is about it for now.

SCT is routinely 6 to 18 months behind us in support. We have support for vehicles that have been out for years that they still do not have support for!

SCT is routinely 6 to 18 months behind us in support. We have support for vehicles that have been out for years that they still do not have support for!

If I were to get your tune for my 2016 Sport, will it void warrant? If I return it to the stock tune before service, will FORD know it has been tuned?

Just a thread bump to see if anyone has tuned their 17 Sport yet?

If so with what tunes?

My Sport is a 17 with 1200 miles on it. Livernois tune and full cutback exhaust. Worth every penny.

My Sport is a 17 with 1200 miles on it. Livernois tune and full cutback exhaust. Worth every penny.

How long did you run stock before tune?.......just wondering if the tunes for the 17 are as noticeable as they were on the 14. Apparently lots of changes to the V6 EcoBoost between 14 and 17.

Just got the tune so basically 1100 miles stock. There is a very noticeable difference.

Bought my 2017 Ex Sport July 2 and ordered Livernois tuner, 3 bar, and Tstat July 5th. I believe I was the first customer for a 2017 Sport tune from Livernois. I had approximately 200 miles on it when I ordered. We had to go back and forth a few times in order to get the tuner set up to work with a 2017 model. I had a 2014 sport tuned with Livernois 93 tune that I loved...until I got into a literal fender bender and my vehicle got totaled(not exaggerating). So I can direct compare a tuned 2014 and 2107 sport. The 2017 feels a lot more driveable(less torque steer). I once again have no complaints about my experience with Livernois. I am less inclined to put my support behind Ford for the amount of damage caused by a low speed collision.

What kind of low speed accident totaled your car?

What kind of low speed accident totaled your car?

Pulled out of a parking lot in traffic and got waived out by a truck, I was taking a left and the middle lane had an SUV coming up that I couldn't see. We both braked at the last second and he swerved only hitting my front driver side in front of the wheel well. I drove the car for a week with no issues before bringing it in for repairs. The insurance estimator and I had decided not to open the hood just in case it wouldn't close again at the initial estimate. When the Ford body shop got into it they ended up with a bill totaling over $23,000. They didn't even go any farther then observe what they saw after removing the front bumper. Airbags never deployed, low speed collision.....Poof totaled. Absolutely crazy.

Wow, that sucks. I'm guessing you are in the US? I opted out of getting the new car replacement insurance here in British Columbia... which costs about $700 per year and replaces my car with a new model year version should the damage exceed 50% of the value. But I figured it would take a lot to total a $53,000+taxes car. Without the insurance, a car getting total is when the repairs exceeds the black book value, and then I get paid out the fair market value... which is going to be a significantly lower than the cost of the car. It's all gambling in the end. The taxes I paid on the car were over $5000 + fees and I wouldn't get that back either.

So basically I'm betting about $2800 for 4 years that I won't trash my car, for what 5:1 odds? Like horse track betting.. ugh.

What is the latest 93 Perf tune version for the XSport? Mine is a 2015 with V5. Just wondering if there's a newer version to try out?

Well, im new to the forum and to an Explorer, but not new to modifying. I have an X4 left from my S550 GT, anyone working on it yet, besides Livernois that is.

SCT has the strategy code from my 17 sport and are working on it.

Any news from SCT on your 17 Sport tuning?.......if not I will have to sell mine.

Apparently SCT tuning for the 17 model year is still a ways off, I'm willing to sell my X4 with tunes if someone with a 2013-2015 Sport wants to PM me.

Finally got my Tracey Lewis monster catch can installed on my new '17 Sport so I feel better about driving it now. Purchased the Ex a month ago and it still has only 180 miles. Looking forward to installing some Livernois tunes and parts in the near future after it gets broken in.

Just feel free to give us a call when you are ready, any of our sales staff would be more than happy to help.

Just did mine with a Livernois tune also. Changed the ride completely. I've owned everything from Vette's, Cobra's, Supercharged Saleen, GT350 etc... this 17 Sport responded the best to the tune than anything I've owned. Hands down. Plus their customer service is legit. They are awesome.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just did mine with a Livernois tune also. Changed the ride completely. I've owned everything from Vette's, Cobra's, Supercharged Saleen, GT350 etc... this 17 Sport responded the best to the tune than anything I've owned. Hands down. Plus their customer service is legit. They are awesome.

Good sell and while Livernois has a good rep for the EB platform, I've seen amazing work from other tuners on the aforemetioned vehicles in your list and would like to say that's quite the overstatement.

Back