"No Disc" driving me insane | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

"No Disc" driving me insane

Derek Fortner

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited
My sync manages to let me know 30 to 40 times a day that there is no disc inserted. I'm literally touching nothing and it continues to pop up. I've done a reset about 5 times now to no avail. Can someone please help me me before MyTouch becomes MyPunch?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I don't recall this issue coming up before. As a last resort you can try removing the negative battery cable for about 10 minutes or so. Be advised that this will likely remove all stored settings. See http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...-disconnecting-negative-battery-cable.427676/ and the following post. It also means the transmission has to go through the 'relearn' stage as will the idle and fuel trim strategy.
Perhaps others may have a different option. I don't know if a faulty APIM would cause a singular problem like that.
BTW, have you tried inserting a disc to see if the message goes away?

Peter

My sync manages to let me know 30 to 40 times a day that there is no disc inserted. I'm literally touching nothing and it continues to pop up. I've done a reset about 5 times now to no avail. Can someone please help me me before MyTouch becomes MyPunch?

Hi Derek Fortner,

Peterk9 provided some great info. The CD eject button is a little sensitive. A master reset was a great troubleshooting step, but you'll need to make an appointment to visit the dealer if you're not accidentally tapping it when going to change something on the screen. Keep me posted.

Shaay

The bezel that has the eject button is likely bad.

Stick a disk in it

Sorry as I haven't checked this lately. I've tried every reset method I could find. Some days it wont pop up at all and I managed to get a good week out of not seeing it. It's now back in full force.

If I insert a disc, it immediately ejects it and reminds me that there's no disc.

Sorry as I haven't checked this lately. I've tried every reset method I could find. Some days it wont pop up at all and I managed to get a good week out of not seeing it. It's now back in full force.

If I insert a disc, it immediately ejects it and reminds me that there's no disc.

Sounds like the button is constantly pressed. However that can happen.

Back