Running Boards - DeeZee and Others | Page 24 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Yup, $160.00 for the WHOLE kit .... i have the brackets; bolts, nuts that came off the vehicle with those ... just not the 4 that hold the actual brackets in place ... and still no luck anywhere else either ... :/

Ill keep lookin, googlin and phoning ... :) Thanks for your reply though !!
Have you tried any of the shops that specialize in customizing vehicles or those that install trailer hitches? Just a thought.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't like losing ground clearance. Anyone know of fold away steps or steps that optimize ground clearance?

Jack point clearance?

Folks, I “had” Dee Zee’s installed on my 2013 Sport, but just took them off this past weekend when I finally realized that the jack points are not accessible with the stock jack and these boards installed. Has anybody else encountered issues with their boards and accessibility of the jack points? The last thing I would have wanted is to have a flat and have to mangle the boards to get the truck off the ground.
I had a flat recently and had to do some sketchy positioning with the stock jack on the front drivers side. It worked in a pinch but was def. suboptimal

I have the black black Aries oval bar 3 inchers on my 15 sport along with factory mud guards.. Great choices. My wife and petite daughter love using them in and out.. I use them as well as to not slide across seat etc.. NO DRILLING NONE... uses ALL factory mounting holes.

Just installed the passenger side EGR running board today. Will do the driver side tomorrow.

They fit like a glove, styling is well integrated for the Sport (they look like a factory option IMHO), all jacking points remain accessible, they are solid as a rock and I was able to fit them with minimal gap between the body and running board.

Just to note that the brackets I received are much heaver duty than the ones in the EGR youtube video I found. All brackets are dual sided and the mounting points have been moved to clear the jacking positions.

Mounting them using my ramps, no problem. No problem drilling the spot weld fold, went like butter with sharp bits.

Here's a couple of pics. I'll post some of the mounts in place tomorrow.

164612950.gif

164612951.gif

164612949.gif

Thanks for the pics explosportguy.... Speaking of factory... has anyone spotted what the new 2017 factory running boards do look like? Any pics?

Dee zee right here. Love them. Keep from wearing out my seat from sliding off the seat to get out

Are those all black? It looks that way in the picture, but sometimes it's hard to tell. I've found some similar online but they have a stainless steel look to the top of them and I'm wanting to stay with the all black look (minus the G2 orange painted calipers coming soon, that is.)

EDIT: Never mind. Finally found them on the actual Dee Zee site. Your Ex looks great, btw.

Are those all black? It looks that way in the picture, but sometimes it's hard to tell. I've found some similar online but they have a stainless steel look to the top of them and I'm wanting to stay with the all black look (minus the G2 orange painted calipers coming soon, that is.)

EDIT: Never mind. Finally found them on the actual Dee Zee site. Your Ex looks great, btw.
A better angle
IMG_1242.jpg

A better angle
IMG_1242.jpg
Ha! I never thought to go back and look at some of the other wheel pictures. *facepalm* Yep, those are the ones I'm looking at and, now that I know they look this good, the 'press' goes on the wife to make it happen. :)

Thanks for the pics explosportguy...
You're welcome. Here's the EGR mounting pics showing the clearance for the jack positions.

164617206.gif

164617207.gif

164617208.gif

164617205.gif

Can anyone answer if any of these work with the factory splash guards. I could not find anything using the search function of an image with the two combined.

Can anyone answer if any of these work with the factory splash guards. I could not find anything using the search function of an image with the two combined.
Not sure how much you looked through this thread but I didn't go all the way through and found 5 posts with 'boards' and OEM splash guards. Posts 99, 227, 256, 268 and 271. I stopped looking after that, The ones in post 454 above will not work with them due to the way the running board is fastened.

Peter

Not sure how much you looked through this thread but I didn't go all the way through and found 5 posts with 'boards' and OEM splash guards. Posts 99, 227, 256, 268 and 271. I stopped looking after that, The ones in post 454 above will not work with them due to the way the running board is fastened.

Peter

YOU ROCK! Thank you. Those pics answered a lot of questions for me.

Peter
Well, the rear factory splash guards still work with the EGRs :) But as Peter said, definitely not the front due to the EGR integrated body molded end caps.

Because the ERG running boards do not allow use of the front splash guards due to their integrated body design, I though it might be helpful to see how the ERGs perform as splash guards in the winter.

As I had hoped, they actually perform very well for my use in snow and slushy dirt roads. With the standard splash guards, I would always get a buildup of ice/mud all along the lower gray plastic areas of the doors. Additionally, in the summer season, the lower plastic area was becoming pitted due to the small rocks / dirt, etc. that were thrown up like a boat wake past the front splash guards.

I'm happy to see that 99% of the crud is now blocked by the running boards, keeping the Explo surfaces much more protected, with no significant ice/crud buildup on top of the running board.

I'm sure the EGR styling is not for everyone (nor would I want it to be), but the boards are working out well for me from the styling and functional perspectives. Also, my 5'2" wife says getting in and out of the Explo is much easier now, without the need any longer to slide in and out across the seat bolster.

164639922.gif

C1563C16-B9C5-4A5D-8673-5D82F2B82305.jpg

Dee zee right here. Love them. Keep from wearing out my seat from sliding off the seat to get out
These look great. I almost bought the ones from Westin off eBay cause one seller told me no drilling/cutting required but another told me it does. Called Westin directly and they said yes to drilling but no cutting. Do the Dee Zee ones require drilling/cutting?

These look great. I almost bought the ones from Westin off eBay cause one seller told me no drilling/cutting required but another told me it does. Called Westin directly and they said yes to drilling but no cutting. Do the Dee Zee ones require drilling/cutting?
Nope. These were bolt on. And I love them. Look good and save my seats from wearing them down from sliding on and off the seats..

C1563C16-B9C5-4A5D-8673-5D82F2B82305.jpg

what kind of Dee Zee running boards are they? Are they the FX? I'm going to buy them. That looks sweet!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back