purchasing husky liners | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

purchasing husky liners

Thanks for that update. Picking up my vehicle on Monday. Halloween. I could have picked it up in a couple of days but since I picked up the MKT on April Fool's Day I thought I'd stay with that theme.:D

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Received an email back from the Husky engineering manager saying the Husky front liners are available and can be ordered by calling 800-344-8759 now. He mentioned the parts should be up on the website but isn't sure why they are not.

Peter

So I got the stock Ford all-weather mats when I got my 2017 Sport, and they are great! The have the deep buckets and lock down well. I also got the cargo protector for just the rear bucket part behind the 3rd row. The seats will fold in over them without any issues. I heard from another forum (or perhaps earlier in this thread) that the older one's weren't up to the job. I don't recommend getting the cargo protector that goes up to the back of the 2nd row, because it won't stash well if you need the 3rd row seats. And if you do get that... never use the 3rd row seats.

The OEM all weather mats are an improvement over what they had before but I want coverage right over to the door sill given the Winter weather we have here and only the Husky liners seem to provide that. Traded the OEM mats for the full OEM cargo liner since I don't use the 3rd row seats.

Peter

winter-is-coming.jpg

The OEM all weather mats are an improvement over what they had before but I want coverage right over to the door sill given the Winter weather we have here and only the Husky liners seem to provide that. Traded the OEM mats for the full OEM cargo liner since I don't use the 3rd row seats.

Peter

Where can you get those in Ontario? or is online your only option?

Never mind...found the answer on their website.

Where can you get those in Ontario? or is online your only option?

Never mind...found the answer on their website.
The ones I got for the MKT I ordered through TDot Performance. http://www.tdotperformance.ca but they also didn't have them (2017) on their site.

Peter

I just took delivery of a 2017 Ex Sport. Looking for some nice all weather mats with good grip and don't curl up and look like crap after some good use. These husky x-act contours look like they'll fit the bill. Does anyone know if Husky plans to offer the x-act contour mat for the cargo area as well? Or am i forced to get the weaterbeater model for the cargo area only. Would really like them all to match.

So Husky has the 1st row on their website now, but the item number is exactly the same as the 2016 one! I thought 2017 was a little different.??

And the 3rd row is missing now. Does that mean the 2016 3rd row mats do not fit 2017 3rd??

Confused!!??

I took the Husky 1st, 2nd, 3rd row mats out of my 14 Sport and I am using them in my 17 Sport.

Everything but the drivers front fits exactly the same.

The drivers side front mat issue is the angle of the dead pedal, honestly it's not a huge deal, the older mat doesn't lay flat against the dead pedal top, it sits up off it by approximately an inch. It doesnt bother me which is odd for somebody so OCD. Im not changing it out for such a minor issue.

Around the brake and throttle pedals its an exact fit so there's nothing unsafe.

Bottom line when deciding between Husky and WeatherTech, Husky looks cheaper but covers more, WeatherTech looks better but leaves more exposed door sill carpeting.

So Husky has the 1st row on their website now, but the item number is exactly the same as the 2016 one! I thought 2017 was a little different.??

And the 3rd row is missing now. Does that mean the 2016 3rd row mats do not fit 2017 3rd??

Confused!!??
Just sent an email off to Husky to check this out. I'm tempted to use the Husky liners I had in the MKT. They aren't an exact fit but not bad either.

Peter

You mentioned you'll be going up to the mountains, otherwise the only snow you will be getting in metro Vancouver is rain...LOL

28 days straight!

Just sent an email off to Husky to check this out. I'm tempted to use the Husky liners I had in the MKT. They aren't an exact fit but not bad either.

Peter

Thanks Peter. I need everything to be an exact fit (nothing less than a 110% :)), so if the current liners won't do it then I might go with the OEM mats since I have those for free.

I am assuming that you have received no update.

Because I am taking delivery of my new Limited tomorrow, I went with a different route. It will require a little more work.

Ordered from AutoAnything.com (it is a division of AutoZone). In a chat, prior to purchasing, they said that they guarantee the ones they are selling (as '2017 Ford Explorer X-Act Contour') will fit the vehicle. I even mentioned that I had spoken with Husky about a redesign. They said that they would refund me, and I could swap them out, if Husky does in fact release a new X-Act Contour design. I emailed this chat transcript to myself upon conclusion of the chat.

They also have a generous price matching policy (good for one year from date of purchase). I looked online, and found cheaper prices for the part numbers at sportcompactwarehouse.com. I opened up a new chat, told the CSR the website address and their total, and he came back with a new offer (12% off MSRP - $8 cheaper than SCW). He then provided a secure link, and I clicked through and purchased.

Now, I can set price alerts on Amazon/etc., and just relax knowing that I will have the mats in my car right away. And, if they are updated, I can simply contact autoanything, and they will swap them out. I had never done business with them before, but their customer service was absolutely top notch. Quick and efficient online chats. Seems to be a fantastic company.

Hope this helps.

How do the X-Act Contours fit for you on the drivers side?

After reading the above posts I sent an email off to the contact I had emailed before to
UPDATE: Never did get a response to my email so I called today and just ordered a set of front liners in gray 13762. On the Husky site they show the same item number for both 2016 and 2017 models. It was explained to me that they modified the 2016 liner so that it fits both model years. The company I called in my area (Ottawa) has to order them and gave a 4 week delivery time. I'll see how well they fit when they arrive. Currently using the 2014 MKT Husky liners but the driver's side doesn't have the 'button' to snap onto the pins attached to the carpet so it doesn't sit completely flat and I don't really want to modify them.

Peter

How do the X-Act Contours fit for you on the drivers side?

No problem on the fit on the driver's side. Perfect fit. I think the passenger side was missing one of the "snap" connectors, but the fit is perfect. I also have no problem with the X-Act in the middle or third rows. When I bought them, I was assured the 2016 version was the same as 2017, and I really don't see any need to change them (except if they add the snap-tite connection to secure the passenger side mat).

Hope this helps.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No problem on the fit on the driver's side. Perfect fit. I think the passenger side was missing one of the "snap" connectors, but the fit is perfect. I also have no problem with the X-Act in the middle or third rows. When I bought them, I was assured the 2016 version was the same as 2017, and I really don't see any need to change them (except if they add the snap-tite connection to secure the passenger side mat).

Hope this helps.
I'm using the Husky MKT liner on the passenger side and set it on top of the carpeted mat. The MKT liners don't have the 'snaps'. It is a perfect fir and believe me it isn't going anywhere. No way it will slide. Driver's side is another story.

Peter

Back