Automatic door unlock via outside handle | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Automatic door unlock via outside handle

JETZ

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited
Lately when I attempt to open my door it doesn't unlock automatically when grabbing the handle, and I have to use my fob. When I have parked, and locked it to go into a store as an a example, and come back it works like it should.
Anyone else have an issue like this? Just to add, sometime I get a 'no key detected', but I still can start the car. Maybe the key fob battery is weak...but still works manually?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lately when I attempt to open my door it doesn't unlock automatically when grabbing the handle, and I have to use my fob. When I have parked, and locked it to go into a store as an a example, and come back it works like it should.
Anyone else have an issue like this? Just to add, sometime I get a 'no key detected', but I still can start the car. Maybe the key fob battery is weak...but still works manually?
If you've never changed the fob battery that would be a good and cheap place to start in order to eliminate that as the issue. Have you tried both fobs?
I had a similar issue with the MKT last year where it was intermittent and then stopped working. I went and retrieved the second fob and the unlock/lock worked again. I then tried the initial fob and it also worked again. I pit the second one away and continued using the initial one until I returned the vehicle. BTW I edited the title to distinguish it from the other 'unlock/lock' threads.

Peter

Having this problem now. Car in the shop today. Passanger door handle works fine. Driver's door does not. Shop said they see corrosion in some electrical connection for the door. Ordering new parts, and should be fine. I'll post more info when I pick the car up, or when I get the final repair done in a few weeks.

Having this problem now. Car in the shop today. Passanger door handle works fine. Driver's door does not. Shop said they see corrosion in some electrical connection for the door. Ordering new parts, and should be fine. I'll post more info when I pick the car up, or when I get the final repair done in a few weeks.
I didn't mention it in my post above but my passenger door also worked.

Well, had to open the pass door for a female friend, and didn't work, had to use the fob. Did it again later in the day and it worked. :banghead:
Will Check my battery, but I don't think that's the issue.

I didn't mention it in my post above but my passenger door also worked.

Back