03 lincoln aviator | Page 20 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

03 lincoln aviator

Excellent, congrats, and it sounds like a blast to drive again. Enjoy it for a while and work on the other things you need done.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Apparently they make about 5 different rear output seals and the one we put in is the wrong one..its leaking bad..did some more research and got another that said its specifically for the 5r55s but its not ""booted"" like the one we took off..will it make a difference , idk but will find out..installing it now..#710541

Again was wrong one..got right one now national #4765

Well just a update. .still driving and shifting perfectly ..still smokes like a train and burning about a qt a week or two but runs great..

Getting around 14-16 mpg all city depending on how far my foot is up its butt,which pretty much is every day..i also work about 3 miles away and id like to say i try and let it warm up slightly but honestly after 3 minutes im driving it so thats definitely hurting my mpg..

I need to put my efan on here soon,it will help to warm it up faster since this 50 lb mechanical fan seems like it runs full speed all the time and will help with mpg after its warm..

Truck is a blast to drive,its fast and sounds really good.cant wait to get my cat back on

Yeah. I'm a little jealous on the cat back, and the trans pan. In any case I love my Aviator as well

For warming up, if it doesn't have any coolant additive yet, R&R the coolant. I've used Water Weter many times, and it helps to get the temps up sooner. Amsoil makes one too, and I'll try that one soon in my 98 when I have time.

It's been about 10 days since you installed the new torque converter. Are you pleased with the 1,800 rpm stall speed model? Do you have normal engine breaking in 2nd speed when the accelerator is released? Does the vehicle accelerate like stock when driving economically?

It's been about 10 days since you installed the new torque converter. Are you pleased with the 1,800 rpm stall speed model? Do you have normal engine breaking in 2nd speed when the accelerator is released? Does the vehicle accelerate like stock when driving economically?
Im very happy with it..honestly it doesnt feel any different than before,just seems to accelerate better..I've put a bunch of miles on it too.truck definitely needs better gears though,its real laggy up till about 3500 rpms

I've started looking for a new flexplate that will fit my 8 bolt crank and the 4 bolt to 8 bolt torque converter adapter. Do you happen to know if the adapter has a 11.5 inch pattern for the 4 bolts? The Performance Automatic P/N PAX28111 ($145) supports multiple torque converters but I'm a little concerned about the number of holes.
PAX28111.jpg

JEGS has an 8 bolt crank flexplate with 11.5 inch 4 bolt pattern (P/N 601094) for $60. It is only 3.5 mm thick compared to PA's 4 mm thick flexplate. I don't know the OEM flexplate thickness. I'd rather not have to shim the starter motor mounting to get the proper alignment with the ring gear.
JEGS601094.jpg

I've started looking for a new flexplate that will fit my 8 bolt crank and the 4 bolt to 8 bolt torque converter adapter. Do you happen to know if the adapter has a 11.5 inch pattern for the 4 bolts? The Performance Automatic P/N PAX28111 ($145) supports multiple torque converters but I'm a little concerned about the number of holes.
View attachment 94827
JEGS has an 8 bolt crank flexplate with 11.5 inch 4 bolt pattern (P/N 601094) for $60. It is only 3.5 mm thick compared to PA's 4 mm thick flexplate. I don't know the OEM flexplate thickness. I'd rather not have to shim the starter motor mounting to get the proper alignment with the ring gear.
View attachment 94829
I dont know the size off hand.i can measure the old converter and see if you'd like..also i dont know if thise flex plates have the holes for the alignment tool to go into.

Also when i was researching it seems none fit the 5r55s converter adapter plate perfectly, your need to drill the holes out slightly in the flexplate

As I understand the setup, the bolt pattern of the converter doesn't affect the bolt pattern of the flexplate because the flexplate bolts to the adapter. Isn't the alignment tool for centering the adapter on the torque converter?

As I understand the setup, the bolt pattern of the converter doesn't affect the bolt pattern of the flexplate because the flexplate bolts to the adapter. Isn't the alignment tool for centering the adapter on the torque converter?
Yea your right sorry..i literally was just looking back at the pictures. .lol

@2000StreetRod also sorry i also forgot i had to reuse my adapter plate on the new converter so all i have is the old converter so cant get a measurement of the 4 bolt distance

Little Christmas presents to me..got the sylvania ZEVO LED bulbs for ALL the interior lights,sun visors,glove box, outside mirror puddle light and license plate..these i think are some of the best LED bulbs around. .i have them in my ranger and they are super bright and have lasted for 3+years now..they are expensive but i get them on ebay for around $6 per bulb for the 194 and $8 for the 578..i used 9 of the 578 and 7 of the 194,i belive...$140ish wasnt cheap!!

I went with the ZXE bulbs for the headlights and fog..i love these bulbs also..have them in the ranger and again have lasted 3+years..they are super bright and 6k white..i didnt want to go with HID or LED for these because HIDs just suck for stock housing and LEDs are still to new for me and the good ones are still to expensive. .i got all 3 sets from advance using the TRT30% off coupon and my member discount,came to around $115 for all 3..about the cost of just one set of LEDs...

Ill post some pictures later tonight, i didnt take before pictures of the interior though but its a HUGE difference

20161230_124848_zpsqtj2csix.jpg

Ill have to get some better pics of the headlights,need to find a wall or something. .also my phone cant really take good pictures of everything but everything is bright white..

They are nice and white though. .

20161230_174112_zpstsjniyad.jpg

20161230_173557_zps7o4pichm.jpg

20161230_173539_zpsvbvpeu9g.jpg

20161230_173641_zpsdpjpbff1.jpg

20161230_190305_zps1qj8rngy.jpg

Kind of hard to get the puddle lights

20161230_173849_zps0nf0aglv.jpg

20161230_174006_zpswbzecln3.jpg

More pics.again my phone some reason keeps adjusting to the light so not the best pics

20161230_204748_zps492zkigs.jpg

20161230_204926_zpssvwjao11.jpg

More pics.again my phone some reason keeps adjusting to the light so not the best pics

Your aviator didn't already have HID for the Low beams? I thought it was Standard not an option. I put HID's in my fog lamps, and combined with the stock HID's that came with the car, man do I have a super amount of light in front of me at night.

Your aviator didn't already have HID for the Low beams? I thought it was Standard not an option. I put HID's in my fog lamps, and combined with the stock HID's that came with the car, man do I have a super amount of light in front of me at night.
Yeaa it was an option in 03 but nope got regular bulbs..to convert the housing over to the hid ones was not in my price range and im not one to put hids in stock non-hid housing. .they blind the **** outa people and cops pull you over around here in a sec!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Some fun video. .had to pedal it some in the start from pulling out,didnt want to spin to much..lol needs gears bad,its a dog out the hole..it moves tho considering it smokes like a train and needs rebuilding. .lol

Back