Removing flares.

HeathHolden

Reaction score
City, State
Devonport
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 EXPLORER XLT
Hi,

I'm in Australia and I have a 97 Explorer 4x4. This model was imported to Oz with the big flare kits on them. I want to remove them and get the cleaner look.

I would like to know what the chrome trim part at the very back of the guard would be called so I can try to track one down, and if anyone has one/pair? It is between the rear bumper and the wheel arch. I hope that makes sense.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you talking about the lower chrome molding on the rear qtrs between the wheel openings and the bumper? You need both sides?

Are you talking about the lower chrome molding on the rear qtrs between the wheel openings and the bumper? You need both sides?
Hi, yep that is the bit! I'm not sure how hard it will be to find it here as most of the Explorers came in with the flares etc...

I checked e-Bay and was surprised that there weren't any listed right now. Pretty sure my local salvage yard would have some if you need help.

I checked e-Bay and was surprised that there weren't any listed right now. Pretty sure my local salvage yard would have some if you need help.
Sweet, I'll check what else I need to get it happening. I'll let you know if I need you to have a look. Much appreciated!

Back