Headlights and other various accessories | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Headlights and other various accessories

Ayeceej

Reaction score
City, State
GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 explorer ST
Hey guys, I'm kinda new to the thread I've poked around but never posted. I'm really intreguied by the STs I see on here and want To know what I can do to make mine stand out. I'm really curious what other vehicles are compatiable with the 01 STs headlights. I really want to find some halos or projectors

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Only other vehicle that shares them is the 01-03 Explorer Sport. Only real option for that is custom fab. Check out the sport trac owners group on Facebook and look up a guy named David Saddlebrook Windsor. Awesome guy that is extremely knowledgable about automotive lighting and actually owns his own shop (DropGearz Motorsports) and does a lot of that type of work.

Only other vehicle that shares them is the 01-03 Explorer Sport. Only real option for that is custom fab. Check out the sport trac owners group on Facebook and look up a guy named David Saddlebrook Windsor. Awesome guy that is extremely knowledgable about automotive lighting and actually owns his own shop (DropGearz Motorsports) and does a lot of that type of work.
So the 01-03 explorer sport does have compatible parts though? And I definitely will go follow him to see some of his work

Yessir. From the front doors forward. Body panels, hood, front clip, brush guards, etc.

I actually bought my brush guard from a guy with a Sport.

Yessir. From the front doors forward. Body panels, hood, front clip, brush guards, etc.

I actually bought my brush guard from a guy with a Sport.
That's such gooood news!!! ST specific parts are hard to come by for the 1st gen! I really want to do something with the plastic trim molding as wel but options are limited

Oddly, I was told (by an auto glass guy) that the windshield glass for the ST is not the same as the Sport. Another oddity was that the coolant/washer fluid reservoir is unique to the ST. Makes you wonder why Ford would design unique parts when they all read had Sport parts on the shelf...

I assume the washer reservoir would be different due to the rear wiper with squirter on a Sport or Exploder.

Crazy to think the windshield is different. I wonder if the A-pillar angle is different

I assume the washer reservoir would be different due to the rear wiper with squirter on a Sport or Exploder.

As I recall there's only one location for the single ws pump motor, so I don't see why that would cause there to require a different reservoir. I could be wrong about that, as I've never removed the reservoir from a regular Explorer (only the pump).

I remember the 2nd gen Ex my mom had actually had a separate reservoir to fill in the back near the hatch.

I remember the 2nd gen Ex my mom had actually had a separate reservoir to fill in the back near the hatch.

No second rear reservoir on my 2000/2001's. For that matter, I don't think our '97 has a rear reservoir either.

Back