93 Explorer Interior Lights Won't Turn On | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

93 Explorer Interior Lights Won't Turn On

Zinith

Reaction score
City, State
Ravenswood, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
93Expl.XLT 4l v6 2wd auto
I just recently installed a new aftermarket radio, and when I finished I noticed none of my interior lights turn on now. They did before. My dash lights and all of my windows can roll up and down (well not the ones that need new window motors.) But anyways. Its been annoying reaching around in the dark in my vehicle trying to find things. And I would like to fix it so I don't have to deal with it anymore. Ive checked all my fuses, and they are all okay. I've noticed that ford put the dome lights on the same fuse as the radio. So if the radio works, why wouldn't the lights work? Could someone help me out?

recheck radio wiring. Haynes book indicates lg/y for hot at all times, y/bk for accy and bk for gnd

recheck radio wiring. Haynes book indicates lg/y for hot at all times, y/bk for accy and bk for gnd
Before I took apart the wiring to hook it up to the new radio I plugged it all back up (harness, and stock radio) and the lights still didn't turn on.

radio has more than one fuse. #1, #10, #11. remove cover from dome lamp and check for 12v. if not present headlight switch may be bad. radio should have 12v to lg/y and lb/r without key. key on acc, o/bk, y/bk should have 12v

Back