Ford improves Sync 3 with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford improves Sync 3 with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto

Sgt1411

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
VanBC/GoodyearAZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Explorer ST
Callsign
PRINCE51

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What 2016 fords have sync 3? I have sync 2 on my 16 explorer.

Almost all the others!

Probably something they will switch to mid 2016...lol

I do like the interface and such.

Hi guys. Do all 2017 explorers have the ability to connect to carplay with the sync 3 system? I went to two separate dealers, and both said carplay is not available. But from what I have read and understand, you should hook up your iphone to the Explorer via USB and it connects? Thanks in advance!

Hi guys. Do all 2017 explorers have the ability to connect to carplay with the sync 3 system? I went to two separate dealers, and both said carplay is not available. But from what I have read and understand, you should hook up your iphone to the Explorer via USB and it connects? Thanks in advance!
I just purchased my 2017 explorer 3 days ago but I can tell you that last night when my iphone was connected to the USB it asked me if I wanted to use carplay.

I just purchased my 2017 explorer 3 days ago but I can tell you that last night when my iphone was connected to the USB it asked me if I wanted to use carplay.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

My android auto only works if i plug in to the USB port inside my center console between the seats. If I use the one in the cubby in front of the shifter it will not show up. Does anyone else experience this? I am not sure if it is by design or if I have a faulty USB port. Thanks all

My android auto only works if i plug in to the USB port inside my center console between the seats. If I use the one in the cubby in front of the shifter it will not show up. Does anyone else experience this? I am not sure if it is by design or if I have a faulty USB port. Thanks all

My Apple CarPlay works using the USB hub in the media console under the console lid (cubby) at the front of the Instrument Panel. Never used one inside the console storage.

My Apple CarPlay works using the USB hub in the media console under the console lid (cubby) at the front of the Instrument Panel. Never used one inside the console storage.

Thanks Sarge, looks like I need to have it looked at

Hi, All,

I have purchased 2017 Explorer a few weeks ago, and I am trying to use Sync 3 with my phone, which is a Samsung Edge S7, mainly to use Google maps and in general it works for some time and then it will throw the msg: "Sync cant' connect to USB device" and in order to make it work again I need to disconnect the phone and connect it back. Does anybody else experiencing something similar and may be somebody found the solution for this.

Thank you!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I don't have the answer but I'm sure some members will be able to help.

Peter

Hi, All,

I have purchased 2017 Explorer a few weeks ago, and I am trying to use Sync 3 with my phone, which is a Samsung Edge S7, mainly to use Google maps and in general it works for some time and then it will throw the msg: "Sync cant' connect to USB device" and in order to make it work again I need to disconnect the phone and connect it back. Does anybody else experiencing something similar and may be somebody found the solution for this.

Thank you!
Try a different USB power cord. Or maybe is your phone going into "sleep" mode?

Try a different USB power cord. Or maybe is your phone going into "sleep" mode?

Not sure how to check if phone going into "sleep" mode, but I did try a few different cords and tomorrow should receive another one so called high quality cord, will update after trying that out.

Thank you!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not sure how to check if phone going into "sleep" mode, but I did try a few different cords and tomorrow should receive another one so called high quality cord, will update after trying that out.

Thank you!

Check under Settings > Battery > Details and check out the battery savings area. Make sure Android Auto is set to never, or "automatic". Maybe the phone is trying to conserve battery.

Back