Finding a Moonvisor | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

nickcatt

Reaction score
City, State
Princeton
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000, Ford Explorer XLT
I've got my vehicle which is my 2000 Ford Explorer XLT. I have installed a brush guard, KC HiLites, and a trusty CB from my dad. I personally think that my rig would look a whole lot better if I installed a moonvisor. But, they are really hard to find! I was wondering if anybody had any ideas on an easy way to find the right size. If I'm not mistaken, the roof is 50 inches wide. Would a moonvisor for a Ranger fit? Maybe an F-150 or a different small pickup or SUV?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you talking about a sun roof? If so I have a factory unit I do not want and would sell it cheap.

He's looking for this (above the windshield)...

p8FPMF3.png

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/installed-my-lund-moon-visor.442013/

I have a Lund SunVisor (the one without any lights). You might be able to see it in my avatar pic.

I would say contact Lund International (http://www.lundinternational.com/) and see if they still make one for a 2nd gen, or can direct you to something that would fit.

Oh dang, tell me if they have them, I'd love to stick a moonvisor on my Truck, I've loved them ever since I was a kid!

Suprisingly this once popular item (which i love moonvisors with lights) isnt made any more. I was suprised when i went looking for one for my f250

Suprisingly this once popular item (which i love moonvisors with lights) isnt made any more. I was suprised when i went looking for one for my f250

I know, they're so rare to see, my friend's got one on his truck and I'm jealous :(

People got tired of drilling into there roofs and eventually cracking the sheet metal.

My buddy has these on a few trucks and they all crack the roof sooner or later.

People got tired of drilling into there roofs and eventually cracking the sheet metal.

My buddy has these on a few trucks and they all crack the roof sooner or later.

So that's how you install them... Well, no wonder they went out of style, I want one but I want my roof to stay in one piece more. I thought there'd be a nicer way to put it on...

So that's how you install them... Well, no wonder they went out of style, I want one but I want my roof to stay in one piece more. I thought there'd be a nicer way to put it on...

Yea the original ones drilled in with self tappers. If you were smart you'd drill a hole and insert a nutsert with a rivet gun making sure you buytl prime or seam sealed it .

Yea the original ones drilled in with self tappers. If you were smart you'd drill a hole and insert a nutsert with a rivet gun making sure you buytl prime or seam sealed it .

Yeah, but I don't like the idea of drilling holes in my roof either way, certainly not here in the rust belt

Can't imagine what "Moon Visors" do for highway MPG or wind noise at higher speeds. I'm sure they don't help.

Back