5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread

2015 xsport livernois tune 160*stat k&n intake 22x10.5 niche wheels
C1563C16-B9C5-4A5D-8673-5D82F2B82305.jpg

4803D345-EE59-4DAA-B97C-5136E6181DCF.jpg

IMG_1100.jpg

I'm looking at putting running boards on mine and really like yours...what brand are they? Also wanting to put the Explorer letters on the front. Love your explorer!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey guys,

New member of the forum but I've been browsing through here for a while. Just thought I'd say hi and drop a pic of my 2015 Sport (yes that's a black '17 platinum in the background)

Had mine for a bout a month so far and have done some mods already but looking forward to the many mods to come.

IMG_0377.JPG

Thomas

Welcome to the Forum Thomas.:wave:

Peter

14370423_10103031482846201_1396729145773433604_n.jpg

My Explorer Sport. I had a 2011 Limited and traded it in a while back. All I can say is I LOVE the EcoBoost!

Great pics everyone! Can't wait to post some of mine. Just want to get some things done before posting more...

1. WeatherTech In-Channel Window Deflectors
2. Ceramic window tint for windshield and driver/passenger windows
3. Paint job VERY similar to the MAD industries version of the 2016 Ford Explorer (still deciding)
4. New wheels

My new to me 2011 XLT

IMG_0055.JPG
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Very nice. I hope you weren't following navigation when you ended up in that field.:D Looking at the front valance I'm guessing you have the tow package.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Very nice. I hope you weren't following navigation when you ended up in that field.:D Looking at the front valance I'm guessing you have the tow package.

Peter

Haha! Mine doesn't have nav. I just saw a great opportunity for a photo. People driving by looked at me weird but I'll never see them again. Ha Yes, Class III tow package.

Lots of great looking Explorers out there.

Great inspiration.

Can't wait for mine to be delivered so I too can start adding a few things here and there.

Keep the photos coming in everyone...

Cool colour Peter!
Thank you. Previous 2 rides were White Platinum Tri-Coat (Explorer) and Crystal Champagne (MKT). Wanted to stay with a light colour but away from the white/beige ones. I've only seen one other like it in my area. Curious to see if the colour is dropped for 2018.;)

Peter

Been watching the forum for a while and really liking all the mods. I've got a 2013 Limited that I've done some work too (blacked out wheels, grill and windows. Wrapped Carbon fiber emblems) I'm getting ready to do an interior/exterior Led makeover on. Replacing maps and Carlos, puddle lights, plate lights and adding the Oracle halos to the headlights. I ordered the led strips too but I'm not sure if I'm going to use them yet or not. Probably swap out the halogens for 6000k hids too. If anyone has any experience installing the Oracle halos in the headlights I'd love to hear about it, seems a bit daunting. Also, saw a couple of you guys blacked out the amber in your headlight housings, I love that look, what did you use? That's all for now, I'll post some pics When I can figure out how lol.

Looks amazing man. What did you use to kill the amber? Is it just film? Inside the housing or outside? Love it!

Been watching the forum for a while and really liking all the mods. I've got a 2013 Limited that I've done some work too (blacked out wheels, grill and windows. Wrapped Carbon fiber emblems) I'm getting ready to do an interior/exterior Led makeover on. Replacing maps and Carlos, puddle lights, plate lights and adding the Oracle halos to the headlights. I ordered the led strips too but I'm not sure if I'm going to use them yet or not. Probably swap out the halogens for 6000k hids too. If anyone has any experience installing the Oracle halos in the headlights I'd love to hear about it, seems a bit daunting. Also, saw a couple of you guys blacked out the amber in your headlight housings, I love that look, what did you use? That's all for now, I'll post some pics When I can figure out how lol.

Nice... PICS PLEASE!!! Let's see your ride!!! :)

Here's mine. I posted pics already with my stock wheels that I powder coated but got inspired from a few members here to get some new wheels, tires and lower my EXP [@14ExplorerNC and @ken60631] and tint front windowsnand color brake pads [@supr squirrel].
IMG_0927.JPG

Damn I love those wheels in black!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yep Def f'd that up. How do I get the pics on the thread without links?

Back