OBX headers are back on ebay | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

OBX headers are back on ebay

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks like 3 of 7 sets have been sold in the last two days. Doesn't sound like they will be available very long, anyone on this forum buying any?

Nope.

Already got my TMH set.

I bet people on here are buying them but keeping it secret.Since they are hard to find no one wants to tell other people about it.I figured i would share the secret as i would hope someone else would do the same for me if i was looking for something.I see the seller keeps rasing and lowering the price.

35 people watching the ebay site.

That's too bad. I doubt they corrected any of the clearance issues. Header changes are bad enough. Add on headers that are flawed in their replication (of TMH) and it a crummy deal for $400-500.

What is the major clearance issue? I read somewhere that the driver's side hits the brake booster. How bad is it?

I came across them again this morning(2/18/17). Last time I saw a set available was late 2015 so I just purchased a set for $410. My factory manifold on the driver side is cracked pretty bad accompanied by some loud ticking. Hopefully these will do the trick.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/OBX-Exhaust-Header-Fits-97-98-99-00-01-Ford-Explorer-Mercury-Mountaineer-5-0L-/201820784699?hash=item2efd74c83b:g:gtEAAOSw2gxYpPBO&_trkparms=pageci%3A1fefdeff-f602-11e6-960e-74dbd180699d%7Cparentrq%3A5254b20315a0a60cd800402efff4d7a3%7Ciid%3A1

Looks to be the same guy selling under 2 different accounts.Both are in sanfrancisco cali.

What is the major clearance issue? I read somewhere that the driver's side hits the brake booster. How bad is it?
I have TMH and have had no issues with them in the 4 or so years the have been on

I have TMH and have had no issues with them in the 4 or so years the have been on
I am also getting a different vehicle in next week or so. I will be selling my TMH's. I also have high flow cats and after cats and just had a Magnaflow dual 2.5"in/out with tails out the corners that is less than 2 months old.. I am parting her out as the Michigan road cancer has had its way with her body. Not going to fix anything else.

I am also getting a different vehicle in next week or so. I will be selling my TMH's. I also have high flow cats and after cats and just had a Magnaflow dual 2.5"in/out with tails out the corners that is less than 2 months old.. I am parting her out as the Michigan road cancer has had its way with her body. Not going to fix anything else.

I see that you are from GR ! I am also.I live in Holland now.I am from plainfield township area.

Supposedly many people bought these headers before but NOONE has given an update. Most people like to defend how good they are but their set is still sitting in the garage not on the truck. These are COPIES of TMH, the same materials / metal is not used in manufacturing where quality will show over short time.

I know some people have had luck with obx headers on other cars. The explorer headers are hard to copy and there will be a ton of design flaws till they get their copy jig fine tuned.

Please re-read the OBX thread.

Even if they fit right, ceramic coating is a must considering how close they are to EVERYTHING under the hood. That's another $200+.

OBX:
-Poor Fitment
-No Coating
-EGR tube may or may not fit.
-100% Made in China

They do look impressive out of the box though...

I happened to sell a used set of TMH's to a member who bought them just to replace one of the OBX's on his rig because it was rubbing so bad.

Again, crummy deal.

I see that you are from GR ! I am also.I live in Holland now.I am from plainfield township area.
Yes I am originally from Holland. But my wife n lived here when we met so... you know how that will go.

Well I'll let you guys know if they fixed any of the clearance issues when I install them. I'm just not sure if I should install my 2 inch body lift first. I had found a complete pa-792 kit on ebay and bought it for a decent price so I bought that too

We really need to get the Michigan members together for a meet.It would be nice to see just who is in the area.We could almost meet in GR somewhere.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I happened to sell a used set of TMH's to a member who bought them just to replace one of the OBX's on his rig because it was rubbing so bad.

Again, crummy deal.
unfortunately don't have a choice, even been to multiple custom shops down here that do crazy builds, to see if they could fab something up and setup a group buy for others on here. Not a single one is interested once they look under the hood. Meanwhile one of those shops did a sick build and swap on friends Porsche 944 with a built LS3, but a Ford truck can't even get headers lol.

Mines just a beater I keep around, take it off road once in a while. But even with my custom exhaust it sounds ghetto inside with that manifold tick. Feel for the peeps that still drive theirs daily, that sound is annoying as hell

Someone on here said they spoke with TM and their currently building like 100 orders right now..... seems odd considering not a peep from TM or people supposedly ordering.

Back