5th Gen Explorer With LED Light Bar | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5th Gen Explorer With LED Light Bar

Does anybody know what kind of light bar this Explorer has? The one underneath the front grille? I've been searching the web and am not finding it. I want this!!! Any help would be appreciated.
2016-Ford-Explorer-All-Star-Performance-concept-SEMA.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does anybody know what kind of light bar this Explorer has? The one underneath the front grille? I've been searching the web and am not finding it. I want this!!! Any help would be appreciated.
View attachment 95807

I bet any single row led bar would work. Looks very slim. Maybe something like this

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...off-road-led-light-bars-54w-5000-lumens/3771/

This is what I wanna get. I hope it fits with the Setina push bumper on it's way.

http://www.rigidindustries.com/led-lighting/22001

I've got one of these 20" Black oak light bars on my Side by Side and I'm very happy with it so I decided to add one to the Explorer. I mounted in the lower grille area, right on the inner bumper and wires the trigger on the relay to the high beams - its really the only time I use them anyways on deserted roads so its convenient. I have the Rigid ones on my truck setup the same way.

IMG_0446_zps2numnsay.jpg

IMG_0447_zpshd05ilil.jpg

IMG_0448_zps9lgrno3k.jpg

Hey, I went to a body shop and they said the lower grill panel can't pop out forward....the whole bumper needs to come off? WTF

Here's mine - fit perfectly behind the grill.

all_star_explorer.jpg
How are these wired to the interior to toggle on and off? Did you add a switch or link them to an existing setting/button? If new switch, pics?

Over the weekend I placed an order for a 2017 Explorer Sport. It's a big departure from the dozen or so VW's I've owned.

I have a thing for lighting and I live in the country. I'm considering mounting a LED light bar behind the slit in the front bumper below the grille. But that may be dependant on how effective the headlights are.

I'd like to see what you guys are doing for auxiliary lighting on your Explorers.

Over the weekend I placed an order for a 2017 Explorer Sport. It's a big departure from the dozen or so VW's I've owned.

I have a thing for lighting and I live in the country. I'm considering mounting a LED light bar behind the slit in the front bumper below the grille. But that may be dependant on how effective the headlights are.

I'd like to see what you guys are doing for auxiliary lighting on your Explorers.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Your thread was merged with this one on "lightbars".
As for headlights, I travel country roads and find the OEM lighting more than adequate. Some owners of 2016/17 models have added LED in place of the high beam Halogen lights. There are threads on that and other lighting mods as well. The Forum has a very handy 'Search' feature (upper right) that can be very helpful in finding those existing threads. It may take a little practice to use it to its full capability. Good luck and happy modding.:thumbsup:

Peter

My only concern for adding a single row under the grille is air flow blockage to the cooler. I imagine you could mock something up and monitor your IAT's and see if they fluctuate. I had a single row bar that fit perfectly in that spot but opted to put it on my side by side.

Hi all! Had this roughcountry LED light installed on the lower grill area. Toggle switch is on the dash.

Never really cared for anything after first and second gen, but man, that is one CLEAN looking Ex.
Thanks, appreciate it!

How are these wired to the interior to toggle on and off? Did you add a switch or link them to an existing setting/button? If new switch, pics?
I added a toggle under the dash that allows for an easy on/off... it's nothing special, just a standard switch that came with the lightbar.

Welcome to the Forum blockhard.:wave:

Peter

are you sure it was the 42inch instead of 30inch? also what did you do to lights to make them have a satin finish?

Thanks
You're right, it was the 30" - not sure why I thought it was the 42". For the lights, I had them do a matte clear automotive paint over them.

You're right, it was the 30" - not sure why I thought it was the 42". For the lights, I had them do a matte clear automotive paint over them.
Thanks the matte finish on the tail-lights look great.

Were the brakes also something custom or off the self? I cant find a decent big brake upgrade.

Thanks the matte finish on the tail-lights look great.

Were the brakes also something custom or off the self? I cant find a decent big brake upgrade.
It's a custom Baer set up that uses their calipers, rotors and hats, I had to have brackets fabricated to make them work.

Afternoon everyone need an assist. Have a new 2017 explorer sport getting hail damage fixed and new 2 tone paint. Guy says he will install light bar for free seeing how everything is apart. I need help on where to put them. Looks like a thick one can go in lower valance but what fits closer to grill with what i think is a sensor center of opening.

Probably need more explanation and pics of what you are talking about?...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back