• Register Today It's free!

Rear wiper won't stop....

bradh8

Reaction score
City, State
Frisco CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer XLT
Sooo... today my rear window wiper decided to just keep moving regardless of the switch position.. I pulled what was labeled in the owners manual as the fuse to rear wiper/washer fluid and sure enough the wiper did stop.. but now my directionals and heater won't work.... anybody experience anything like this? Tips on fixing it? I'm guessing I hafta put that fuse back in so my blinkers and heat will work...but I gotta get the wiper to stop! Lol...even if it requires disabling the wiper I can live without that, but heat and blinkers r kinda important...haha
Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Open the hatch and unplug the connector to temporarily disconnect the wiper motor while you trouble shoot.

Probably just the switch.

My 2¢... open hatch, slam it shut, repeat a few times.

When my rear wiper stopped working, I read on here to do that. It worked, and the rear wiper works normally.

My 2¢... open hatch, slam it shut, repeat a few times.

When my rear wiper stopped working, I read on here to do that. It worked, and the rear wiper works normally.
I'll try that! When I put the fuse back in this morning so my heat and blinkers would work, the wiper stopped ...then it turned itself back on just now! Lol ... it's probly haunted!!

Back