5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Painted front grill
25% all around including windshield
Oem ford mudflaps
Wrapped door handles
Plasti dipped OEM 20" Wheels
Oem ford rain guards

Will be spray tinting tailights soon
And adding spacers to oem wheels

upload image online

Looks good and you can buy pre-cut tint for tail and head lights..

Painted front grill
Oem ford mudflaps
Wrapped door handles
Oem ford rain guards

upload image online

Looks great! Here is a hint, buy some Turtle Wax Ice spray wax and use it on your black plastidipped wheels. Just spray on and wipe off. It will help water bead and give them a satin finish. I have used it for a couple years now on my truck and it is really amazing.

Painted front grill
Oem ford mudflaps
Wrapped door handles
Oem ford rain guards

upload image online
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I doubt you'd get very far here with that tinted windshield. It's illegal to add additional tint below the windshield's AS-1 marks.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I doubt you'd get very far here with that tinted windshield. It's illegal to add additional tint below the windshield's AS-1 marks.

Peter

Not saying its the case here, but there are people that get tint exceptions due to light sensitivity. They get certification from a optometrist and then an exemption from DOT and they can tint their windshield. Also many law enforcement officials tint their personal vehicles windshield for safety concerns regarding their family.

11DE6DD3-8E80-4EF5-BD1B-5EA452BA20AC_zpsypkpsfkz.jpg

48AF472F-6BBD-4E57-A53B-2422903CF8DA_zpsdllbpmpz.jpg

Loking good Eric!

Owned for about a month now, 20% tint on the front windows, Weathertech window visors, OEM splash guards and Weathertech floor mats along with OEM cargo mat (3rd row stowed away) and OEM trunk mat (behind 3rd row).

20170413_164549_zpsrcubpdb1.jpg

@jonnoriega - I still think your Ex looks like Crawford's pads ;) ...
164011716_1686_Canadiens_at_Blackhawks.jpg

Finished the headlight mod this weekend. Painted the chrome in that housings satin black, upgraded to hid's and added halos and led switchbacks. One of the resistors on the halos was faulty so they are sending me a new one. But the switchbacks look pretty decent. Kind of tough to see the amber during the day but I've still got the one on the mirrors so screw it lol. Tried to spray the amber lens inside the housing with nite shades and it melted the plastic so don't try to do that. Ended up taking another day to build it back up, sand and paint black.

View attachment 95937

View attachment 95938

View attachment 95947

View attachment 95948
Very nice, how did you do that?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back