Finding Keyless Entry Code 02 Sport Trac | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Finding Keyless Entry Code 02 Sport Trac

Du Jun

Reaction score
City, State
Honolulu, HI
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Explorer Sport Trac
I've just found mine and it's a bit difficult on these models. It's on the CSM, which is inside the dash behind the passenger air bag.

Since the sticker is on the top you can't see it from behind the glovebox or after pulling out the radio cluster. You can catch a strained glimplse from the top by removing the defrost/windshield vent cover. You know, that vent that points directly onto the inside of your windshield.

That cover runs the width of the dash and pops off. Once off you'll need a flashlight, the right angle through the windshield, and some good eyes. You can do it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just dropped my glove box door and removed 2 small bolts to be able to remove the box with the sticker on it. Pretty easy to do. Some remove the black plastic piece over the dash and read it that way.

On my 01 it's on the module next to the rear window motor. Very easy to get to.

On my 01 it's on the module next to the rear window motor. Very easy to get to.

This is true for a Sport, or regular 4-door Explorer, but not a Sport Trac. The question was "wear is it found on a Sport Trac".

This is true for a Sport, or regular 4-door Explorer, but not a Sport Trac. The question was "wear is it found on a Sport Trac".

Wrong. I know what I'm talking about. On my SPORT TRAC it is on a module next to the REAR WINDOW MOTOR. Sports don't have rear window motors. Now apologize.

Wrong. I know what I'm talking about. On my SPORT TRAC it is on a module next to the REAR WINDOW MOTOR. Sports don't have rear window motors. Now apologize.

I have an '01 Sport Trac. I located my RAP module (with it's 5 digit remote entry code sticker on it) in the dash above the glove box, This thread is titled "Finding Keyless Entry Code 02 Sport Trac". I don't know what you're referring to. As far as an apology, don't hold your breath.

I'm not sure if you're just dense or have a reading disability but I'm not going to bother any more.

Anyone else, check for a keyless entry module behind the rear seats, it's mounted outside the carpet but behind the plastic, dead center of the cab and below the window. Easy to see and beats taking your dash apart. The 5 digit code printed on it is your master door code.

I'm not sure if you're just dense or have a reading disability but I'm not going to bother any more.

Anyone else, check for a keyless entry module behind the rear seats, it's mounted outside the carpet but behind the plastic, dead center of the cab and below the window. Easy to see and beats taking your dash apart. The 5 digit code printed on it is your master door code.

I dreaded the idea of pulling out my passenger side airbag and all that work, so I loved without my door code since I got my 2001 ST in December. But then I saw this thread.....and I thought, "what the hell, if it doesn't work and the code isn't there, I wasted five minutes". Well, I didn't waste any time doing this, I got my code.

I have to agree with Damarble.......mine was behind my back seat, all the way in the center. I couldn't read it by looking inside with a flashlight, so did the next best thing. I put the camera on my iPhone with the flash on, then I reached in over jack that is inside the cubby hole behind the passenger side back seat and took a series of pics aiming the camera inside at the white label. It took about five pics before I could get one good one that I could read my five digit code.

I am not sure why some are back there, and others are behind the dash. All I know is I am grateful mine is there.

I can add a pic of my module with the code(blurred, of course) if someone needs it. I just need to reply back from a computer......I cannot seem to post the pic from my iPad.

Thanks for posting this solution guys!

Ron

Jeez, you don't have to be such an ass-hole about it. Obviously there are multiple locations where the code can be found. I just looked and there's nothing in the location you suggest on my '01 Sport Trac (production date 9/15/2001). So IDK.

Sorry to be such a dick. I took your response as very condescending and it pissed me off. Obviously there are some changes over the years so we're both half right.

This is the box.

_190621_zpsmgi5gfd0_edit_1494166151841_zpsv8mf6y5j.jpg

That may be the case. My build date is 04/00 so job 1. It's really easy to check of it's there though, it's visible from the jack access panel, so it doesn't hurt to check first.

That may be the case. My build date is 04/00 so job 1. It's really easy to check of it's there though, it's visible from the jack access panel, so it doesn't hurt to check first.
I have a 05 and looked back there..do i have to take the clips off and peel back the panel...i see nothing in the jack area..

^ Repeat. Rear storage compartment code only applies to 2001 Job 1 Sport Tracs. (And four door Explorers)
ALL 2002-05 ST keyless entry codes will be found at the passenger side dash location. (Click links below)
Interesting. Always thought the 5 digit code was in the passenger side dash for all Gen 1 ST's.
http://www.mysporttrac.com/MySportTrac/projects/Keyless_Remote_Code_Locating_Gen_1.pdf

Is it possible only 2001 Job 1 ST's built before 6/24/00 have the entry code in the rear location?
http://www.mysporttrac.com/MySportTrac/projects/LocatingYourKeylessEntry Code2001FORDSPORTTRAC.pdf

I just checked my 02 and all I can find behind the seat is the radio amplifier, I guess I'll have to go into the dash to get the number.

.....Paul

On my 02 st its under the dash just pulled the defrost vent off had to look from out side at an inhuman angle but it was there dusty and hard to read but there

On my 02 st its under the dash just pulled the defrost vent off had to look from out side at an inhuman angle but it was there dusty and hard to read but there

Same place on my 01 ST, I just dropped the glove box and removed the air bag to access the RAP module and read the number on the sticker label. Not hard to do at all.

Note: Before you do either, check to see of you have the plastic card in the owner's manual stuff which had the number on it. Much easier.

Would have been nice if it had the owners manual some how I have a 2nd gen explorer manual

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back