5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter
Thanks, I'd really love to get that done to my XLT. I've seen some Russian ones done. they look amazing, I bet you guys have seen them on Youtube and other places on the web.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

washed the wife's rig and took some pictures. I'll be busy washing the new truck this weekend, it showed up at the dealer yesterday...

IMG_0661_zpsibb8uhee.jpg

IMG_0662_zpsnl8hxgpd.jpg

How do you like that Yakima coffin? Is that attached directly to your OEM crossbars? I'm debating on that or the Thule 613 Pulse Alpine.

I like it a lot (Yakima Skybox 18). I have had since new around 2007 and originally used on a different suv. Its been sitting under the deck almost 5 years, cleaned it up and installed it yesterday on the oem cross bars. Still works great, as new. No issues with locks or anything, just a little faded with its age. I did have to adjust my powerlift gate, as this box hits the gate when fully opened. Made it stop about an inch sooner, so now all good.

My neck is really sore ..I'm off to the chiropractor ... In the meantime can you use the picture rotate feature, please?
I just stood my screen on end.:D

My neck is really sore ..I'm off to the chiropractor ... In the meantime can you use the picture rotate feature, please?

I was looking at this pic while laying on my side in my bed LOL

I like it a lot (Yakima Skybox 18). I have had since new around 2007 and originally used on a different suv. Its been sitting under the deck almost 5 years, cleaned it up and installed it yesterday on the oem cross bars. Still works great, as new. No issues with locks or anything, just a little faded with its age. I did have to adjust my powerlift gate, as this box hits the gate when fully opened. Made it stop about an inch sooner, so now all good.
Do you have the twin panel moon roof? If soo, any issues with the very low weight rating for the roof rack (45lbs) .

Dont know what your referring to but shows fine on my iphone 7 its not tilted on my screen
Admin can delete if shows up wrong i could care less lol.

Dont know what your referring to but shows fine on my iphone 7 its not tilted on my screen
Admin can delete if shows up wrong i could care less lol.
Picture orientation has been resolved and original deleted.

Peter

So I ended up getting rid of the switchback tubes because the end of the white tubes started to brown out and a few of the LEDs stopped working. Plus the aforementioned issue of not being able to see the amber lights during the day due to the sun reflecting off the white silicone. Replaced the strips with Oracle strips and replaced a halo. Again the Halo on the passenger side did not work so I'm going to have a third awkward conversation with them. Best guess is that it has something to do with the run of wire across the car since I powered straight from the battery. No issues ever with the driver side. So still no halos and the strips are a little more blue than I'd like but I still like it. Headlights were 1000x easier to open now that they are sealed with butyl instead of permaseal. Almost don't even need heat to do it. I also converted my fog lights to turn signals since the only thing I had left was the mirror signals.

IMG_9409.JPG

Very nice, how did you do that?
Very carefully. The hardest part was getting the headlights opened. Permaseal is a *****. You just have to be patient and not force anything. The rest is just paint and some LEDs from eBay. Hid kit came from Dan at Daytime Bright lights and I can't say enough about it. Truly plug and play installation was a breeze.

Got a dumb question....how to do you upload photos without a URL? You all have pictures embedded in your posts....

Thanks!

Got a dumb question....how to do you upload photos without a URL? You all have pictures embedded in your posts....

Thanks!
Easiest way is to take out a $20 Elite membership and you can post directly from your device and the photo will be saved to the Forum's servers and won't disappear like many 3rd party posted pictures. The fee also helps to support this site. See the "Join Elite Explorers" button at the top of the page for more info.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back