Engine stall while stopping | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

DelSil

Reaction score
City, State
Delaware
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford Explorer XLT
I have a 2011 Explorer XLT and the past few days when I come to a stop my engine stalls and I have to start it up again. This is happening randomly and I would say has happened about 5 times in the past 3 days. Whe it does stall my oil pressure low warning comes up. Any answer to this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 2011 Explorer XLT and the past few days when I come to a stop my engine stalls and I have to start it up again. This is happening randomly and I would say has happened about 5 times in the past 3 days. Whe it does stall my oil pressure low warning comes up. Any answer to this?

Does it start up fine and idle correctly?

Oil pressure light comes on become the key is still ON and there is no oil pressure when the engine is not on.

Does it start up fine and idle correctly?

Oil pressure light comes on become the key is still ON and there is no oil pressure when the engine is not on.

It happened this morning and started right up but the other day it took about 5 seconds to start. It would turn over and could hear the engine cranking.

Do you have a check engine light?

My initial thought was possible temporary fuel starvation related under braking but then it would possibly stall under other braking situations as well. Fuel pump?:dunno:

Peter

My initial thought was possible temporary fuel starvation related under braking but then it would possibly stall under other braking situations as well. Fuel pump?:dunno:

Peter
Someone I work with said it happened to their Fusion and he had to get the throttle body replaced

Don't know if you saw my question above but do you have a check engine light?

Need to get the codes pulled then.

Just go to autozone and they can do it.

Just an update I am having the throttle body replaced under the dealerships recommendation since they have since a lot of this lately in different Ford vehicles.

Back