How Many Miles are on Your Explorer? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How Many Miles are on Your Explorer?

I have a 98 5.0 V8 with little under 200,000. Had a new radiator put in, but the transmission and engine are the original. My goal is 250,000 but if I can 300,000 would be great.
Nice! Goooo 300!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice! Goooo 300!
I know! I just put fuel injector cleaner in and after a bit it was running better. Next I have to get a new air filter. Hopefully we can make it!

93 XLT 4 door 5 speed 257k
Original engine and transmission. New clutch every 80k or so. Primarily road car with IPD performance front/rear sway bars, Bilstein shocks, poly suspension bushings. California car - no rust issues. :thumbsup:

I actually enjoy driving it more than my recently purchased 93 Limited automatic transmission. :rolleyes:

'94 XLT 163,900. all stock. Still running.

308,000 and still going ,. need to clean the governor on the transmission . other than that my ex is a beast . paid 800 for it april 2013 .

sorry to say but at just under 175k my 92 xlt 4x4 hit a pothole and ripped the pan apart on the trans. i would have repaired it but there was so much rust ( body mounts were shot and the gas tank was falling off) i decided to retire it. sorry to see it go, it was a good truck.

91 XLT 4dr 4.0L - 312,000 miles. Engine done @ 234,000 - was still strong and not burning oil but had a rear main, valve cover, and intake manifold oil leak, and the heads were a bit warped. Put a long block in. Transmission done at 166,000 miles, still shifts like a dream.

Alternator's been replaced, can't get to the bottom of a silly unstable voltage problem at idle
Starter's been replaced four times
Just put new shocks in it (had been a while)
Bridgestone Dueler A/T's go for about 60,000 miles, putting on my third set on Friday
Interior got redone a few years ago
Flowmaster exhaust installed at 94,000; just redone last week

A real jewel.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.500636233295820.130467.100000483448529&type=1&l=3200dc7f53
I have the same issue with the unstable voltage at idle. rebuilt alternator, at over 240k miles finally changed starter and put in a new battery about 6 months ago. Idles smooth but voltage seems to do whatever the heck it wants. Driving me nuts.

I have the same issue with the unstable voltage at idle. rebuilt alternator, at over 240k miles finally changed starter and put in a new battery about 6 months ago. Idles smooth but voltage seems to do whatever the heck it wants. Driving me nuts.
I just posted a new thread for this issue, we'll see what happens. I'm with you!

285,900. 1992 2wd, 2 door. no major engine or tranny work, but auto trans been slipping going into 3rd for last 100,000 miles. engine uses very little oil.

Just rolled over 200k miles on the 2004 Eddie Bauer Explorer and it still looks and drives great. The underside is dry and nothing leaks. I had to replace a coil recently, and the 4.6L V8 has one coil for each cylinder, but besides that it has given me almost no trouble. I'm going to have to get tyres, change filters, and winterise, but besides that type of maintenance, it doesn't need anything. I couldn't ask it to be much better than it is. I hope it stays this way for a while. There are some design features that I don't favour, like the indipendent suspension and three-piece drive axle, but it's holding-up well, so I'm not complaining.

I do think the older gens are better/more rugged, especially the first gen. I wish I wouldn't have sold my 1994 Explorer. I asked about buying it back, and guess what. He said no.

93' hit 300K during the 748 mile move to NV...still going strong, but she does have a minor oil leak and needs some exhaust work before smogging - I'll take care of that in a week or two once the rest of my stuff is there.

Update: I'm at 208k on the 2004 EB and have a freshly-rebuilt tranny. The 5R55 is kinda troublesome, but mine made it to just over 200k. It has a towing package, which includes a tranny cooler, from the factory, so I'm sure that helped. I thought it would be worth it to fix the '04 Explorer, coz I'm not going to get a vehicle this nice without spending a lot more money.

91 2 door 2WD 5 spd with either 125k or 225k. Just an oil change and shifter turret rebuild. Runs great, no smog check in my county. Gonna use it as an engine and jet ski hauler.

My 1994 Ford Explorer Sport has 299,900 miles. Should be cracking 300K within a week.
I just got it back from the body shop a few days ago. A young lady tried to make a left turn across traffic and crunched the front passenger side corner in. Did the minimum to get it drivable again. I think this will be the last summer for the old truck.

My Explorer body and chassis has 099,125 miles. Everything has been upgraded by the last owner.
Keep going. You might catch my 91 XLT soon, it's at 116kish and soon to be gone. My 98 I just went over 216k, work adds about 120 a day to that lately.

How many miles do you have on your Explorer. Mine is a 1992 XLT and has about 220,147 on it.
215k on the 94
200K on the 01
207k on the 98
204K on the 99
175k on the 96 (5.0)

1000,000k on me....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just hit 306K yesterday on my 1994 Explorer Sport. I'll be getting a new vehicle in a few weeks, so this is probably the last time I'll see this odemeter tick off another 1000 miles.

Back