Lost rear climate controls on Sync 3 after update on 2017 Platinum | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lost rear climate controls on Sync 3 after update on 2017 Platinum

kris81se

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Platinum
Hi after a recent update on the firmware on my 2017 Platinum I lost the rear climate controls on the display. Previously I did a FORScan change to the APMI module to add the cooling and heating seats icons on the screen. I am assuming that this may have caused a problem after the firmware update. I never did a back-up so I am unable to restore the previous values to see if this can help. Is anyone able to send me their stock values on the
7D0-01-01
and
7D0-01-02
Greatly Appreciated!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi after a recent update on the firmware on my 2017 Platinum I lost the rear climate controls on the display. Previously I did a FORScan change to the APMI module to add the cooling and heating seats icons on the screen. I am assuming that this may have caused a problem after the firmware update. I never did a back-up so I am unable to restore the previous values to see if this can help. Is anyone able to send me their stock values on the
7D0-01-01
and
7D0-01-02
Greatly Appreciated!

For a 2017 Platinum it should be as follows:
7D0-01-01 AA2A 0503 0CC1
7D0-01-02 028B 0004 9B06

You can find your original values here with your VIN number:
https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

Latest FORScan spreadsheet:
https://www.icloud.com/numbers/0AtiYU-yJ4Nrfyfuzp-Mi0l8A#FORScan_2011-2018_Explorers

If you add them back to the home screen, make sure to use the value in this spreadsheet and not the one listed on the F-150 FORScan spreadsheet.

7D0-01-01 AA2A 0503 0CC1
7D0-01-02 028B 0004 9B06

https://www.icloud.com/numbers/0AtiYU-yJ4Nrfyfuzp-Mi0l8A#FORScan_2011-2018_Explorers

If you add them back to the home screen, make sure to use the value in this spreadsheet and not the one listed on the F-150 FORScan spreadsheet.

Would it be the same for the 2017 sport?

I didn't realize that I was supposed to have rear climate control on my sync screen but one of the first mods I did was the heated/cooled seats and heated steering wheel..

I'll try giving that a shot and seeing how it goes.

Looks like I changed it from C to 6 not E, I will give that a shot and see if that fixes it.

Edit
I changed it to E and I have a new ac tab on my screen that I don't think was on it before but no rear control.

You should have rear controls and rear lock. I would try restoring the original configuration and see if that fixes it.

You should have rear controls and rear lock. I would try restoring the original configuration and see if that fixes it.

I was able to restore it to original settings and it came back. I liked the heated controls on the screen but the rear controls are more useful...thanks!

7D0-01-01 AA2A 0503 0CC1
7D0-01-02 028B 0004 9B06

That is exactly what happened. I used the F-150 for some of them and that's why I run into a problem. Thank you for the quick response. I just fixed it and now its working fine with the extras. Thanks again.

That is exactly what happened. I used the F-150 for some of them and that's why I run into a problem. Thank you for the quick response. I just fixed it and now its working fine with the extras. Thanks again.

After you made the change from the spreadsheet in that quote, you're able to have heated/cooled seats and heated steering wheel controls on your screen as well as the ability to control the rear temp?

Would it be the same for the 2017 sport?

I didn't realize that I was supposed to have rear climate control on my sync screen but one of the first mods I did was the heated/cooled seats and heated steering wheel..

I'll try giving that a shot and seeing how it goes.

Looks like I changed it from C to 6 not E, I will give that a shot and see if that fixes it.

Edit
I changed it to E and I have a new ac tab on my screen that I don't think was on it before but no rear control.
You have a heated steering wheel using the OEM one??

Peter

You have a heated steering wheel using the OEM one??

Peter

Not using the OEM settings, I had them on screen with the changes from the f150 spreadsheet but lost control of the rear..

Not using the OEM settings, I had them on screen with the changes from the f150 spreadsheet but lost control of the rear..
What I meant was were you able to get the OEM steering wheel to heart up by changing the Climate settings to show the heated steering wheel? I was under the impression that an OEM non heated steering wheel could not simply be changed to a heated wheel without changing it out for an OEM heated steering wheel. I didn't think the non heated ones had the ability to heat up simply by changing the settings.

Peter

What I meant was were you able to get the OEM steering wheel to heart up by changing the Climate settings to show the heated steering wheel? I was under the impression that an OEM non heated steering wheel could not simply be changed to a heated wheel without changing it out for an OEM heated steering wheel. I didn't think the non heated ones had the ability to heat up simply by changing the settings.

Peter

I think his vehicle already had the heated steering wheel, what he is referring to is a FORScan change which will add the heated steering wheel to the main home screen instead of having to tap on the climate screen.

Peter

I think his vehicle already had the heated steering wheel, what he is referring to is a FORScan change which will add the heated steering wheel to the main home screen instead of having to tap on the climate screen.

Yes, the 2017 sport already comes with the heated steering wheel. The only thing I added was the control to the main home screen on the entertainment screen.

Yes, the 2017 sport already comes with the heated steering wheel. The only thing I added was the control to the main home screen on the entertainment screen.
Okay, gotcha. Thanks guys.

After you made the change from the spreadsheet in that quote, you're able to have heated/cooled seats and heated steering wheel controls on your screen as well as the ability to control the rear temp?
If done correctly this is what you should have. I noticed that when I used the F150 values another value on the same line was changed not sure how. I used the stock values above provided by (Platinum Owner--member) since I never did a back up and then I used the spreadsheet here and everything is working fine now.

AC Controls.jpg

If done correctly this is what you should have. I noticed that when I used the F150 values another value on the same line was changed not sure how. I used the stock values above provided by (Platinum Owner--member) since I never did a back up and then I used the spreadsheet here and everything is working fine now.

View attachment 97851

When using the value from the platinum spreadsheet, my screen looked like that except the rear button was missing and the a/c button was centered.

I will give it another go tonight to see how it goes.

Thanks.

When using the value from the platinum spreadsheet, my screen looked like that except the rear button was missing and the a/c button was centered.

I will give it another go tonight to see how it goes.

Thanks.

The only change should be from

(xx=checksum)
7D0-01-01 AA2A 0503 0Cxx

to

7D0-01-01 AA2A 0503 0Exx

^ Change the C to E. Write and ignore the checksum warning (FORScan will calculate it automatically)

The only change should be from

(xx=checksum)
7D0-01-01 AA2A 0503 0Cxx

to

7D0-01-01 AA2A 0503 0Exx

^ Change the C to E. Write and ignore the checksum warning (FORScan will calculate it automatically)

I understand that, here are the outcomes I've experienced:

C -> 6 (F150 spreadsheet)
This gave me heated/cooled seats and heated steering wheel but lost rear climate control

C-> E (Your spreadsheet)
Gave me heated/cooled seats and heated steering wheel and the "A/C" menu but it was centered at the bottom of the screen because I had to "REAR" button...

Unless I made a mistake (which I doubt) it did not work, but I am willing to try it again when I get a chance :)

The rear controls are actually set in 7D0-01-02 so I would restore that to the stock setting.

For those like me with a 2017 XLT 201A with the cold weather package with heated steering wheel and heated seats only..... I changed mine from a factory asbuilt "C" which only gave me the heated steering wheel icon to "F" instead of 7 (which is what's on the spreadsheet) and that retained my rear air controls while giving me the icons for the heated seats on screen. Hopefully Platinum Owner will add this to his sheet?????; it seems numbers are for no rear ac controls and letters are for vehicles with rear air controls??????. If i knew how to upload a picture i would.

7D0-01-01 xxxx xxxx xCzz changed to 7D0-01-01 xxxx xxxx xFzz

Where "x" = I didn't touch it and "z" = checksum at the end

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Will the dealer make these changes?
I would like to have the freeze warning showing, and I would like to have the heating temp of the seats increased.
My mom's mkc seats are a lot warmer than mine

Back