How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX? | Page 39 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

Post number 869 has been selected as best answered.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

278K on my 98 xlt. Original motor and drive train

7JqfKxp.jpg

96 xlt second owner bought it at 184k odometer quite at 214k probably has around 250k now. Motor has been out twice and transmission 3 times.would still be all original and in good shape I'm sure if I didn't do stupid stuff in it...all the big problems were caused by poor judgment and mistakes/mishaps on my part and is to no fault of the truck itself.

301800 99 eddie bauer 5.0. Original everything, not even a tear in the seats.

Nice! I bought mine single owner very well taking care of no problems everything worked, non smoker, blah blah and paint perfect condition but even still driver seat was torn to $hit with "pleather" interior. @ 184k some people just really luck out.

Turned to 271k on the way home from Montana Thursday. A good trip that added 4000 miles. Awful smoky out there though.

1999 Mountaineer 5.0
235,000 miles
(original engine and transmission)

My 5.0 has 207,000 uses no oil and run great. Replaced exhaust manifolds couple years ago. The transfer case needs a new chain, single speed AWD . I will be looking for an good how to on this one. I have seen how to's on two speed cases, but not this case. everything else is oringnal, cept plugs, wires and oil and filter and radiator. Lil Joe

I currently have 201,850 on my '98 XLT 4.0 SOHC. I pulled the engine at 189K and replaced all the timing components. Not burning oil. The trans cooler in the radiator blew up a few weeks ago, never had one fail before. Pumped 3 quarts of trans fluid into the cooling system very quickly.
This one is a keeper, I expect another 200 K out of it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

479,000, and still running strong!

Back