SYNC 3 latest version

Vinayak

Reaction score
City, State
Dubai
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer XLT LEATHER
Hi All

What's the latest version of SYNC 3...? the available version on my XLT 2017 is 2.0 but it doesn't support external navigation applications like Sygic which requires higher version

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi All

What's the latest version of SYNC 3...? the available version on my XLT 2017 is 2.0 but it doesn't support external navigation applications like Sygic which requires higher version

It appears v2.2 is the current version released by Ford to SYNC3 Explorer owners.

Several members here have advised the 2018 models may come out with v3.0 but we are not clear on whether that's restricted to the 2018 model year because 2018 SYNC3 has SYNC Connect and 4G for 2018

Thanks a lot...just got a massage from Sygic navigation that 2.3 is the latest version...have written to Ford to clarify the same and also the method for downloading the version

Thanks a lot...just got a massage from Sygic navigation that 2.3 is the latest version...have written to Ford to clarify the same and also the method for downloading the version
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
If you get a reply re the downloading of V2.3, please share that info with us. Many of us are on V2.0 and when we check for an updated version via the Sync screen, nothing is found. Thanks.

Peter

If you get a reply re the downloading of V2.3, please share that info with us. Many of us are on V2.0 and when we check for an updated version via the Sync screen, nothing is found. Thanks.

Peter

I went and checked for Software updates today on my EX and came out no new updates.

Below was the reply from Sygic navigation

"To be able connect sygic with sync 3 you will need version 2.3 or higher. Please try to contact your dealer to find out if you are able update it."

I'm waiting for the confirmation from Ford on this...I will update forum on the outcome from Ford.

Peter

I think he means the SYGIC version
Below was the reply from Sygic navigation

"To be able connect sygic with sync 3 you will need version 2.3 or higher. Please try to contact your dealer to find out if you are able update it."

I'm waiting for the confirmation from Ford on this...I will update forum on the outcome from Ford.

I do not believe there ever was a SYNC3 v2.3.....its went v2.0 to v2.2 and now maybe v3.0

Are you sure they are not actually saying you need SYGIC v2.3 or higher?

I have SYGIC and mine shows v17.2.2.....might just be North America only

Hi All

SYNC3 version 3.0 build 17194 is the latest and can be (unofficially) downloaded from NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

The official SYNC3 v2.3 version is also available in the link above.

3.0 is shipping on some vehicles now. I am using this version and it also works with the Sygic Car app on iOS. CarPlay seems smoother too and voice commands are improved.

Ford has not released the update via the website or automatic updates over WiFi yet but I have had success in updating a 2017MY from v2.0 and my 2016MY with SYNC3 retrofit from v2.2. No issues yet and I've been running v3.0 for a few weeks.

This is what it looks like when updating. It takes a while for the update to start but you can continue to use SYNC while updating. After the update, it will let you know that the new version will be available the next time you start your car.
IMG_6224.jpg

I think he means the SYGIC version
Thanks for that info. I took it as a spelling error or naming error since I've never heard of SYGIG

Peter

SYNC3 version 3.0 build 17194 is the latest and can be (unofficially) downloaded from NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

The official SYNC3 v2.3 version is also available in the link above.

3.0 is shipping on some vehicles now. I am using this version and it also works with the Sygic Car app on iOS. CarPlay seems smoother too and voice commands are improved.

Ford has not released the update via the website or automatic updates over WiFi yet but I have had success in updating a 2017MY from v2.0 and my 2016MY with SYNC3 retrofit from v2.2. No issues yet and I've been running v3.0 for a few weeks.

This is what it looks like when updating. It takes a while for the update to start but you can continue to use SYNC while updating. After the update, it will let you know that the new version will be available the next time you start your car.

So there was a North American v2.3 of SYNC3?

The official releases are as follows:

For 2016 models that shipped with 1.0 the current user and dealer update software level is 2.2
For 2016/2017 models that shipped with 2.0 there is no user update thus leaving it at 2.0 and the dealer software update level is 2.2.

There has been no user or dealer update to 2.3 or 3.0 released. Those updates floating around were pieced together based on previous release design and if you choose to install them you are doing so at your own risk and should any SYNC related issues arise and you go to the dealer, do not expect to get any assistance.

Updated mine today from v2.0 to v3.0 so far all is good. Few minor GUI changes.....will update more if I see anything noteworthy.

Just as an aside when you plug in the USB don't be impatient like me.

It is actually updating even though there is NO acknowledgement on the home screen until 2-3 minutes of updating has taken place. I put mine in the USB and after 2 minutes thought it was not updating so I pulled it and got an error saying I interrupted the update.

After re-installing the USB it then showed UPDATING SYSTEM SOFTWARE as was mentioned above.

How did you get 3.0?

The link in Platinum Owners post....goes to Mustang site.

One nice feature is the icon on home screen for the heated steering wheel, now one-touch off/on no more multi screens.

Sirius has some new icons

I will download v3.0 today and get it installed over the weekend. Something fun to do over the weekend.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

did the upgrade 15 min and done. no issues
few minor changes that I see right away. will know more later

Back