Brake Light and Rear Abs Light!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

J2772

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992, Explorer XLT
So here about a month ago, i got in a small accident, rear ended someone only screwed up my bumper. Right afterwards my brake light and rear abs light have came on and stay on, brakes work great. Master cylinder is full, float moves, replaced the rear abs sensor (only has one in the rear hogshead), tried disconcerting the battery but it does a self check every time you start the vehicle, already has all new brake lines, new shoes, new pads, new rotors. I'm running out of ideas. Any ideas? Any help inspection comin up so I'd like to fix it.

Also two other minor problems instead of starting multiple threads, my speedometer is fine at low speeds but after about 50 is runs about 10-20 mph over or under and its all over the place especially in the cold.

and then my head will only blow hot air for about 1-2 mins and then its cold, i turn off the air wait a couple minutes then the same thing again.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Likely the ABS valve that is on the inside driver frame rail right under your feet area. There is a test you can do with a paperclip and counting the number of times the dash light flashes to find the ABS code it is putting out but I don't recall the specifics. You can try and search on here on how to do the ABS light test.

When my ABS valve went out both lights were on like you describe.

Likely the ABS valve that is on the inside driver frame rail right under your feet area. There is a test you can do with a paperclip and counting the number of times the dash light flashes to find the ABS code it is putting out but I don't recall the specifics. You can try and search on here on how to do the ABS light test.

When my ABS valve went out both lights were on like you describe.
in trying to find this abs valve on like rockauto or lmc truck any other idea what it might be called? do i replace this valve or what? thank you again

in trying to find this abs valve on like rockauto or lmc truck any other idea what it might be called? do i replace this valve or what? thank you again

Rock auto lists it as ABS hydraulic unit A-1 CARDONE 122029 and yes you just replace it. 1 electrical connection and 2 brake lines

try lightly tapping on yours with a hammer and see if the light goes out. I did that a few times and it worked for a while before the light came on again before I decided to just replace it.

Rock auto lists it as ABS hydraulic unit A-1 CARDONE 122029 and yes you just replace it. 1 electrical connection and 2 brake lines

try lightly tapping on yours with a hammer and see if the light goes out. I did that a few times and it worked for a while before the light came on again before I decided to just replace it.
Thank you im going to look around on how to do the test so that i dont blow $105 and not solve the problem.

is it possible to have this problem if there is air in the abs unit? if so how would i bleed it? i cant manage to find anything on it, maybe im just missing it

Back