2016 what Transmission works in my car | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 what Transmission works in my car

There are 3 transmissions.

6f50 (non turbo motors without factoryntow package).

6f55 (3.5l turbo models and non turbo 3.5 wo th factory tow package).

6f35 (I think it is the 35, this was in the 2.0 and 2.3L turbo motors).

So do you have the 3.5 or 2.3 in your limited? And do you have the factory tow package?
Will try to find a 6F50 but here in Sweden Explorer/Flex/Escape are not sold so the used transmissions don' grow on threes here:)
I found DA8P-7000-NC and one MC also but don' know if that would work?

6F55 is a more durable transmission and will fit in place of a 6F50. I'd find a 6F55 if it's possible.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So you are 100% sure I can use the 6f55 from a 2014 Explorer sport 3.5 with turbo and how package 4wd and install in my 2016 explorer limited 3.5 without turbo and without tow package FWD with 6f50 ?
Most I reprogram the solinoid strategi in IDS also ?
Many thx

If your transmission only got water damage and no holes or cracks in the case you should be able to have ford or a transmission shop rebuild it. Then you will have a new rebuilt transmission.
Do you have any insurance to cover some of this flood damage?

So you are 100% sure I can use the 6f55 from a 2014 Explorer sport 3.5 with turbo and how package 4wd and install in my 2016 explorer limited 3.5 without turbo and without tow package FWD with 6f50 ?
Most I reprogram the solinoid strategi in IDS also ?
Many thx
Not according to post #16 because a Sport is AWD and would have the PTU. I'm only quoting dudefish, I don't know myself. From what I'm gathering from the posts is that a 6F55 would fit, according to 1995E, but not one with a PTU. Confusing isn't it? As I suggested, why not try calling a transmission shop to see if they can help out. Maybe their technical manuals will have that info. It doesn't seem like you are getting consistent answers here likely because no one has done it. I also wondered why you simply can't have it cleaned out and rebuilt if it was only water damage.

Peter

Well @peterk9 I'm thinking you could probably take off the PTU and replace it with whatever flange or part(s) would go on there for a FWD tow package Explorer. Other parts, like driveshafts and mounts, may also be different for the 6F55 transaxle. It's the software that would concern me most. At the end of the day, it does seem like the simplest and probably cheapest approach would be a rebuild. Maybe circumstances are different in Sweden. :)

The car was bought in the Usa and exported to Sweden so no insurence, sure a transmission shop would be one way but here they are used to domestic transmissions and not theis one as it dont exist in Sweden.

I have fluched the transmission and changed the valvebody and solinoid and that helped alot but in gear 3 and 4 i can feel like there is a small missfire in the engine but it is from the gear box, i am car mecanic so maybe i can tear the transmission appart and see what could be wrong? i thought changing the valve body and solinoid would fix it but not 100%

The car was bought in the Usa and exported to Sweden so no insurence, sure a transmission shop would be one way but here they are used to domestic transmissions and not theis one as it dont exist in Sweden.

I have fluched the transmission and changed the valvebody and solinoid and that helped alot but in gear 3 and 4 i can feel like there is a small missfire in the engine but it is from the gear box, i am car mecanic so maybe i can tear the transmission appart and see what could be wrong? i thought changing the valve body and solinoid would fix it but not 100%
At least you are making some progress.:)

Hi, I have 2016 XLT AWD with a transmission issue. I took it to my transmission shop and he diagnostic with a bad solenoid. He try to get the part from the Ford dealer but told him they sell the whole transmission not just a solenoid. Where did you find or bought your solenoid ?
Thanks

Hi i can get the solonid for you .
Just need to know what transmisson type you have , after the solionid pack is changed you most use IDS to program the new pack to the cars pcm

Hi i can get the solonid for you .
Just need to know what transmisson type you have , after the solionid pack is changed you most use IDS to program the new pack to the cars pcm
I just talked to a different Ford dealer who said he can get the parts for me. Thanks again Maxy

Back