Colorado Color Run 09/2018 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Colorado Color Run 09/2018

What dates in Sept Do you all want? Let us know what weeks you would like for the gathering.

• 09/08 - 09/15

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 09/22 - 09/29

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm good with Ouray for this meet. :)

Hopefully we get a good mix of people and rigs. This area is about the scenery and companship, more than anything to me. Maybe spend one day on a harder trail for those that can?

For the overland style trails, I'm down for those as well, but at a different time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I see the trails run the gamut of classes, I'm going to be putting a rig together spring summer 2018. I'm not that experienced as far as knowing what trail class is what, but I have gone over Elephant hill at Moab in 2011, where does that fall in trail classes?

That way I can plan my rig as I will be driving there,not trailering. I hope that makes sense. ;-)

Almost Stock 4wd rigs with good all terrains at the least can handle most everything we do for this meet. Low range will be needed, a couple inches of lift, 31" tires, front & rear tow points, transfer case & gas tank skids, will be sufficient enough for the most part.

These trails are actually maintained county roads.

@safn1949 Love your Level "M60A1 My First OffRoader. :) I remember be in NTC and seeing a Pink one. :)

If things go well for me I will be there with a little of a lift and 31's or 33's and a transfer case. That is if all things go well LOL.

Worm, same for me. I need tow hooks, CB, and swap axles. My 99 Ex has axle code 45( Open -3.55s) not good for wheeling. I have been searching for a new set.

Tim

I have a CB I could Sell you if you want. I can send you pics. PM me. I work in Denver. I know a little ways away from you but they are good one and selling for $60

I might have to journey out there for this, I've always wanted to wheel in Colorado. How many days is this going to be all together?

I might have to journey out there for this, I've always wanted to wheel in Colorado. How many days is this going to be all together?

Officially, The main group days are Fri-Sun, but we tend to show up days and days before, and sometimes stay longer. This way, we can do our own stuff on other days.

I am shooting for at least 5 days there myself, Arrive Tue or Wed-Leave on Mon. I want to take a ride on the Silverton / Durango steam train thru the Mountains one of the early days. Looking for others interested in joining me as well! :)

Official Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad Train

Man I really want to join but the 4000 miles there and back for three days on the trail is intimidating especially with a 22 year old truck with more than a quarter million miles on her, if I break something major I'm extremely screwed. Would end up probably looking for work and a place to stay in CO if that happened LoL.

Yea true but it's an explorer event! big red has to be there.Then again flying out there and renting a Jeep might not be that bad probably be cheaper than the gas lol.

My fortune cookie tonight, must have known, I am planning for this trip. :D

Fortune cookie.jpg

Ha ha that's crazy!

Hi Everyone,

If y'all wouldn't object to a used-to-be-active-years-ago member joining you, I would like to seriously consider making this run.

The last CCR I ran was in 2013, and 2009 before that. (CCR 2000 was the absolute best!)

I was recently thinking I need to get back to Colorado.

I have no objection to that. I do not discriminate against vehicles. The more the merrier. Do you still have a Ranger?

Hi Everyone,

If y'all wouldn't object to a used-to-be-active-years-ago member joining you, I would like to seriously consider making this run.

The last CCR I ran was in 2013, and 2009 before that. (CCR 2000 was the absolute best!)

I was recently thinking I need to get back to Colorado.

Hey Scott! (again lol)

Was hoping you found this thread after my message to ya. :)

Be great to have you join us. I haven't seen you in many a year, and be very cool to catch up, while taking in the sights.

I have no objection to that. I do not discriminate against vehicles. The more the merrier. Do you still have a Ranger?

I do. My 1993 that I swapped a 5.0L into.

It is for sale, however.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Scott! (again lol)

Was hoping you found this thread after my message to ya. :)

Be great to have you join us. I haven't seen you in many a year, and be very cool to catch up, while taking in the sights.

I hope I can make. It will be nice to catch up with all you guys, too. And see beautiful Colorado!

Back