Brush guard | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

EchoTwo

Reaction score
City, State
Long Beach
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Explorer XLT
Hey, I'm new to this site. Please move this where it needs to be. I recently bought a 99 explorer xlt and I want to put a brush guard on it. Where would I find the brackets under the bumper to mount it to?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There aren’t any factory provided places to add a brush guard......... they should come with your brush guard. If you buy just the guard, you’d have to make them yourself.

There aren’t any factory provided places to add a brush guard......... they should come with your brush guard. If you buy just the guard, you’d have to make them yourself.
The guard tells me there's places to attach it to my explorer. Where are those spots?

You’ll have to crawl under and see. Lay the guard, assembled, under the truck, and it should point you to the existing frame rail holes. Without a pic of the brush guard mounts it’d be hard for someone to tell you where they are.

Once you are under the truck I really doubt it’d be hard to get them wrong.

You’ll have to crawl under and see. Lay the guard, assembled, under the truck, and it should point you to the existing frame rail holes. Without a pic of the brush guard mounts it’d be hard for someone to tell you where they are.

Once you are under the truck I really doubt it’d be hard to get them wrong.
I think I found where it'll go. I just ordered the guard so when it gets here I'll make sure it's where I think. I was just wondering if anyone could say if the holes are visible just crawling under or if I'll have to remove stuff

Most of the brush guards are made to keep the plastic bumper cover on. its kind of a pain if you keep the plastic on. The more you trim (or as I did just take it off) the easier it is to get under there and bolt it up. There is just a hole on the frame about 5 inches back that it will bolt to.

index.php

That’s a little better picture. Good for brush but thats about it. Not heavy duty to say the least.

B61EB54C-4F40-49E2-870A-52742F245068.jpeg

26B88932-19B0-4CD5-A016-19AABBF0DE8A.jpeg

This is my explorer and the brush guard I ordered

gorhino-3000-series-grille-with-brush-guard-black-eurotube.jpg

Screenshot_20171222-225902.png

I think the brand was Black Horse or something like that

I saw them, the one I bought is go rhino. I believe it comes with mounting bracket

Back