How to: - New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming | Page 41 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
Sorry, i don't know about "frequency" and "headlamp type" but i think you can read more spreadsheet of 2gfusion and f150, some value good and same with explorer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry, i don't know about "frequency" and "headlamp type" but i think you can read more spreadsheet of 2gfusion and f150, some value good and same with explorer.
I never tried to use those. Do you have the links?

Has anyone enabled the EQ settings on a 14 EX Sport? I am seriously disatisfied with the quality over my GFs 16 Fusion Titanium. Both with Sony setups, but my Sport sounds nothing like hers. Hoping enabling the EQ can help.

Anyone know what needs changed in the IPC for a 14 Limited to show navigation instead of compass?
Did you ever get this to work? I implemented this forscan change myself and it had no effect (still shows compass instead of nav showing on the dash display). Was this mod referring to showing nav instead of compass on the MFT screen, or the IPC dash screen? I have factory nav. Input from anyone else is welcome. Thanks!

Does anyone have the data for enabling the hood switch pin in a '16 Explorer Base? Hardware is installed, just need to activate it.

I thought the hood pin was automatically seen once plugged in. That’s how it was in my 2013 Base

Does anyone have the data for enabling the hood switch pin in a '16 Explorer Base? Hardware is installed, just need to activate it.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

I thought the hood pin was automatically seen once plugged in. That’s how it was in my 2013 Base

My understanding from talking to support for the remote start module I'm trying to install is that the hood pin needs to be activated. It is certainly not functioning after install using the ford documentation I found.

Thanks, I posted up in that thread as well. I'm not 100% certain I'm going about this the right way but hopefully I can get it sorted.

Thanks, I posted up in that thread as well. I'm not 100% certain I'm going about this the right way but hopefully I can get it sorted.
Earlier in this thread there was a link to the Forscan codes to enable the remote start on 2016. If you have the required parts (OBD2 connector, Windows PC, Fordscan with extended license [FREE@ forscan.org]. Once you have all that is pretty simple. Just follow the instructions on the list under the interceptor tab. If you need any help PM and I can give you more contact info.

FORScan 2011-2018 Explorers

Happy New Year to all you smart Forscan guys ! I want to access the modules on my 15 sport and my 13 edge, I have downloaded and upgraded to an extended Forscan license and also purchased an ELM327 OBDII by bbfly with HS/MS switch (USB) ..I am having a couple issues and hoping yall with more experience can help me. First I had issues connecting to the modules and realized I needed to upgrade to the extended license. I have done that. NOW on either car I cannot stay connected with the tool. ( Of course I am in the garage, not moving etc ) Have you guys seen bad OBDII connectors ? Is the connection really this flaky? I am afraid to make a change( if I could ever get that far) as I don't want to brick my module(s) or truck... HELP.... Jiust trying to do something simple like activate remote start for the RMU upgrade. THANKS

I got a brand new ELM OBD that was bad.
I had to return it because the laptop would see the device but not work the forscan. The lights worked on the ELM. I purchased a new one and the problem went away.

I got a brand new ELM OBD that was bad.
I had to return it because the laptop would see the device but not work the forscan. The lights worked on the ELM. I purchased a new one and the problem went away.
thanks Trader.. Do you know what brand ELM cable you purchased..

bbfly PRO OBD II , USB type off Amazon. First one was also that one.

Happy New Year to all you smart Forscan guys ! I want to access the modules on my 15 sport and my 13 edge, I have downloaded and upgraded to an extended Forscan license and also purchased an ELM327 OBDII by bbfly with HS/MS switch (USB) ..I am having a couple issues and hoping yall with more experience can help me. First I had issues connecting to the modules and realized I needed to upgrade to the extended license. I have done that. NOW on either car I cannot stay connected with the tool. ( Of course I am in the garage, not moving etc ) Have you guys seen bad OBDII connectors ? Is the connection really this flaky? I am afraid to make a change( if I could ever get that far) as I don't want to brick my module(s) or truck... HELP.... Jiust trying to do something simple like activate remote start for the RMU upgrade. THANKS
It’s because you bought an ELM327. They are normally wired and have to be modified to use bluetooth and needed to be modded with a switch to do MS-CAN or HS-CAN. I had the same issue. Constant disconnections. Buy an OBD Link MX Bluetooth and you’d be golden. Avoid the wifi one apparently.

It’s because you bought an ELM327. They are normally wired and have to be modified to use bluetooth and needed to be modded with a switch to do MS-CAN or HS-CAN. I had the same issue. Constant disconnections. Buy an OBD Link MX Bluetooth and you’d be golden. Avoid the wifi one apparently.

Sooooo 1995 you are saying only use Bluetooth? Yes i did buy the wired version.. but it does have the dual speed switch. I am only worried that blue tooth can disconnect also in the middle of a write.and then it would brick the module potentially
. but interested in your thoughts.

Mind has the high speed/medium toggle switch and works fine. I did not want the Bluetooth type. I have performed the following mods on my 2013 PIU without a problem:
  1. Remote lock/unlock
  2. Remote start
  3. Disabled Dark Mode
  4. Enabled Theater lighting
  5. Dash Compass
  6. Disabled set belt chime
I am also running the forscan on the old MS Vista OS platform without any issues.
PIU Hours 001.JPG
PIU Hours 002.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello Trader, Yes that is exactly the one I have( actually only bought it a week ago) and the communication keeps dropping off.. I have the extended license and HONESTLY all I want to do is enable remote start on my 13 edge.
I sent a note to the dealer for the cable and told them I thiink it could be a bad one. argh.. I just ordered another one so we will see

Back