Sport EcoBoost 3.5L Tuning | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sport EcoBoost 3.5L Tuning

SGT, I am sure you are thinking the same thing I am, but 29PSI of boost isn't possible.

Exactly.....wouldn't the turbo fan wheel explode before that?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What does 29PSI mean?
The same computer has the section of gauges and tells you the boost pressure provide. Is not faille that is connected to the OVD2

The same computer has the section of gauges and tells you the boost pressure provide. Is not faille that is connected to the OVD2

Not sure what to tell you. Max usable boost on stock turbos is in the 16PSI range. They say after 19PSI you are really pushing it being a safe tune. Stock fuel system can't keep up. Are you stock other than the tune?

This topic has been covered in detail on another forum:
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=2710.0

If I am not allowed to provide a link to that forum please remove. I've been on another forum(myg37.com), where I couldn't reference a rival forum.

If I am not allowed to provide a link to that forum please remove. I've been on another forum(myg37.com), where I couldn't reference a rival forum.
Not an issue here.

Peter

Are you maybe looking at MAP (manifold absolute pressure) rather than boost pressure? MAP is measured in inHg, and certainly could get to 29.

Hey Guys,

I just purchased a 2017 Ford Explorer as my daily driver and this is my first explorer. I like it so far, but always looking to push the truck to be more powerful. I see Livermois on here. Has anyone used them and installed any of their packages on their 2017 Ford Explorer sports? Have you noticed a difference and happy with the truck performance? Does the computer change increase the pedal response or is anyone running pedal commander as well? Sorry for all the questions everyone, but appreciate any guidance you can provide.

Jim

Hey Guys,

I just purchased a 2017 Ford Explorer as my daily driver and this is my first explorer. I like it so far, but always looking to push the truck to be more powerful. I see Livermois on here. Has anyone used them and installed any of their packages on their 2017 Ford Explorer sports? Have you noticed a difference and happy with the truck performance? Does the computer change increase the pedal response or is anyone running pedal commander as well? Sorry for all the questions everyone, but appreciate any guidance you can provide.

Jim

Welcome, Jim!

Do a search for "Livernois" and you will find lots of discussion about their tunes on the Ex Sport/Platinum. Plenty of good information. :)

So far, I haven't seen any discussion on this forum for the Pedal Commander, but I am on the verge of pulling the trigger on one for my Ex. EDIT: Trigger pulled

Hey Guys,

Jim
Welcome to the Forum Jim.:wave:
As Eric F mentioned there are several; threads in this 'Modified' sub forum on Livernois tunes. You should familiarize yourself with the 'Search' feature in the upper right which will allow you to find many existing topics. It can take a bit pf practice. Alternately you can scroll through the threads in this sub forum and find them. Good luck.

Peter

Thank you Eric and Peter for the warm welcomes. I'm going to search now and see what I can find. Thank you

Jim

Finally got a chance to go for a good rip in the ex. I cant help but wonder if the bulk of the power gains from a tune are from dumbing down the Torque management side of things. Looking at dyno charts these are not high rpm screamers, in fact they drop off pretty quick. It was very clear that the 3.5 is being held back until 4500 rpm and then you can feel the power increase to redline.

I wish I wasnt such a wuss and tune the dam thing.....

Feel the same way Machine. Let me know when you pull the trigger...

Jim

Finally got a chance to go for a good rip in the ex. I cant help but wonder if the bulk of the power gains from a tune are from dumbing down the Torque management side of things. Looking at dyno charts these are not high rpm screamers, in fact they drop off pretty quick. It was very clear that the 3.5 is being held back until 4500 rpm and then you can feel the power increase to redline.

I wish I wasnt such a wuss and tune the dam thing.....
These SUVs are pushing 5000lbs and it makes perfect sense to hold back until the higher RPMs; so drivers don't roll the beast on a corner.

These SUVs are pushing 5000lbs and it makes perfect sense to hold back until the higher RPMs; so drivers don't roll the beast on a corner.
Yea agreed, plus the crapload of force on the PTU/diff ect. I was just wondering if the tuners out there are taking credit for these huge gains when a good bit of it is just opening up the nannies. But hey, 100hp is a 100hp right?

Yea agreed, plus the crapload of force on the PTU/diff ect. I was just wondering if the tuners out there are taking credit for these huge gains when a good bit of it is just opening up the nannies. But hey, 100hp is a 100hp right?
Yup, that's right. It'll probably get me to the grocery store a few seconds faster if I don't get pulled over.:D

Peter

I have a 2013 Sport that needs some tuning. Has anybody done it on a 2013 Sport before?

Yes...hundreds of people. Probably the majority of the 2013 Sports on this forum are tuned.

Hello everyone out there,
I am the owner of a 2018 Explorer Sport and it seems to be quite different coding on the ECU, even though the engine is the same ecoboost.
I wonder if someone could advise if a TUNE comes out for the 2018 and where I can get it.

Thank you in advance
LCL

Hello everyone out there,
I am the owner of a 2018 Explorer Sport and it seems to be quite different coding on the ECU, even though the engine is the same ecoboost.
I wonder if someone could advise if a TUNE comes out for the 2018 and where I can get it.

Thank you in advance
LCL
Since Livernois seems to be the more popular supplier here, why not contact them and see what they have to say?

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back