For Sale - Ubolt & Shock Skidplates | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale Ubolt & Shock Skidplates

I have a pair of brand new U-bolt and shock skid plates specifaclly made for the rear of a 1st or 2nd gen Explorer. They are 1/4" plate and protect your u-bolts and raise the shocks up a few inches. These are made for 5/8" U-bolts which are bigger than the stock ones so if you dont have 5/8" ubolts now would be the time to upgrade. These may cause shock to swaybar mount interference so shocks should be mounted body side up or if you have removed the rear swaybar it is a non-issue. Also note these raise the shock up 2"-3" so shock length could be an issue depending on your lift and shock length.

Current price for a pair is $215 shipped to the US due to the high cost of steel right now.

attachment.php

ubolt skids (1).JPG

ubolt skids (2).JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is probably a dumb question, and doing so kinda defeats the "skid plate" purpose, but for a explorer/sport trac would these work for a SOA (Spring over axle) conversion as well?
(Im thinking of getting these now with a shackle, but then eventually doing the SOA conversion and using these by flipping & swapping them as the top plate to lower the shock mount to roughly stock location instead of raising it as it was with the stock SUA.)

No it wouldn't work with a SOA. Flipping them side to side would not allow the shock to be bolted in because of the way the shock tab is boxed in on these. They would have to remain on the same side but just moved to the top and that would put the shock mount way too high.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Ok, well... then I might just go this route when doing the SOA, using square u-bolts, only difference being with just with your shock mount/skidplate to lift the shock mount higher.
If I go this route, I will need slightly longer shocks though.

springoverview.jpg

Alright Brian!
I'm ready for a set! I'll send you a PM.
Thanks!

Brian,
Sorry I didn't reply right when these came in, but I got them in the mail a couple weeks ago, and man, THEY ARE BEEFY!!!!!
Your workmanship on these is top notch!!!! Thanks again for these and for the fast shipping!! Much appreciated!! These are a fantastic bang-for-the-buck too!!!

(Bump for anyone else interested)

Hey Brian, what's the price for these? Still $137.00? And are they powder-coated?

Hi Brian,

are you still making those? If yes, i'll take a set.

I have 2 sets available now, I will send you a message!
Hello Brian. How much to send a set to Canada? I was just about to order a set of the warrior's when I found this post.
Thanks

Hello Brian. How much to send a set to Canada? I was just about to order a set of the warrior's when I found this post.
Thanks

It is not very cost-effective to ship to Canada. Unfortunately they are 2lbs over the flat rate limit so the next cheapest option is 2 boxes making them a total of $232 shipped for the pair. If you are still interested let me know, thanks!

It is not very cost-effective to ship to Canada. Unfortunately they are 2lbs over the flat rate limit so the next cheapest option is 2 boxes making them a total of $232 shipped for the pair. If you are still interested let me know, thanks!
I think I just sent you a PM

Back