SYNC 3 latest version | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SYNC 3 latest version

Yes I did. It seens to work well

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Has anyone with a Sirius streaming plan tried to stream SiriusXM through the Sync Alexa integration ?

Also, protip the app recognizes "Alexa" through your phone's mic so don't even bother with asking Sync for Alexa.

Hi Folks,

First post, new member. Can't wait for this week's delivery of my new black on black 2017 Sport. I've been reading and trying to follow your conversations. Great place for info, just hard to follow sometimes. Just a couple of questions please ...

My new Sport has Sync version 2.3. Is this the latest? Can I request the dealer to update to 3.0?

And

The Sport has hid headlights, but the high beams are only halegons. Is this normal, and can the high beams be upgraded easily to hid. The f 150 has both..

Thanks, John

Hi Folks,

First post, new member. Can't wait for this week's delivery of my new black on black 2017 Sport. I've been reading and trying to follow your conversations. Great place for info, just hard to follow sometimes. Just a couple of questions please ...

My new Sport has Sync version 2.3. Is this the latest? Can I request the dealer to update to 3.0?

And

The Sport has hid headlights, but the high beams are only halegons. Is this normal, and can the high beams be upgraded easily to hid. The f 150 has both..

Thanks, John
John, I believe the answer to the first 2 questions is yes. I have no experience with the lights. That info might show up in another thread. From what I've heard and read on this forum, people who are buying 2018 models are the only ones getting the "official" V3.0 from the factory. You can always ask the dealer, but as you'll read on this thread and others, they are likely some of the most uninformed people in the loop; good people, just too many other things to do to become a subject matter expert with the infotainment system(s). Do us all a favor, and if you do go down the path of asking the dealer for an upgrade to V3.0, report your results back on this thread in as much detail as possible. Good luck.

Hi Folks,

And

Thanks, John

My understanding is your 18 model year will have v3.0 coming out of Chicago Assembly Plant.

It needs v3.0 because the 18's are the first year of the Explorer to have 4G FordPass.

Regarding your headlights, your low beams are LED not HID, and your high beams are Halogen. You can buy an LED bulb for the high beam but be cautious as the housing is designed to reflect a halogen bulb, not an LED bulb so the actual reflection may or may not be beneficial.

I was going to do the same swap but decided against it since the improvement was marginal.

This is for the Canadian users.
Does anyone know if you can use a Rogers sim card in the modem, instead of the AT&T.
The only option with AT&T is to buy as needed, and it is expensive.
If I can use a Rogers sim card, it will only cost me $10.00 per month to share my current data plan.

This is for the Canadian users.
Does anyone know if you can use a Rogers sim card in the modem, instead of the AT&T.
The only option with AT&T is to buy as needed, and it is expensive.
If I can use a Rogers sim card, it will only cost me $10.00 per month to share my current data plan.

That question is probably best answered by Jason. (jmr061)

It would depend on if Ford has somehow locked the cellular modem to AT&T like the carriers used to do in Canada until the CRTC made them stop and unlock older phones for free.

That would be interesting because if it is locked then the Canadian rules say it must be unlocked for free.

Hi Folks,

And

Thanks, John
Welcome to the Forum John.:wave:
As already posted, V2.3 is that latest for your 2017 Sport. Also, Sgt1411 has addressed the headlight question correctly. Although some have added LED bulbs for the high beams, the housing is specifically designed for halogen bulbs.

Peter

Thanks for the quick replies. Hard waiting for the delivery. Found out on Saturday that while the Sport was in the compound, it picked up a ding in a rear door right on the crease. That adds more time needed to prep and deliver.
Looking forward to long relationship with this board and you folks.

Thanks for the quick replies. Hard waiting for the delivery. Found out on Saturday that while the Sport was in the compound, it picked up a ding in a rear door right on the crease. That adds more time needed to prep and deliver.
Looking forward to long relationship with this board and you folks.

Can I ask why you chose to take a 2017 Sport as opposed to 2018 given the upgrades between the two model years?

Can I ask why you chose to take a 2017 Sport as opposed to 2018 given the upgrades between the two model years?
Almost 10K difference in price what with incentives, Costco and clearing of last year's model. The difference between the 2 years were not enough for the price.
Saying that though, am curious wether the 18 light assembly can be installed in the 17 ???

Almost 10K difference in price what with incentives, Costco and clearing of last year's model. The difference between the 2 years were not enough for the price.
Saying that though, am curious wether the 18 light assembly can be installed in the 17 ???

You sure the 2018 has LED low and high beam?

You sure the 2018 has LED low and high beam?
In checking the 2018 Order Guide, it seems the LED high beams are only available on the Platinum.

Peter

Warscha,

Can you tell us the full software version that your Sync 3 3.0 came with on your 18 Platinum?

Thanks,

My '18 Sport has version 3.0 on my Sync 3 unit.

My '18 Sport has version 3.0 on my Sync 3 unit.

Are you able to go into the "About SYNC" settings and provide us the v 3.0 build number?

Sync 3, Software Version : 3.0
Build 17276_PRODUCT

With this version/build, are you able to see and access Apple Play and Android Auto? I upgraded from 2.3 to 3.0 and now those 2 apps are missing from my setup screen. Thanks.

I think once you use the android auto app on your phone while connected by Bluetooth, the option will be available

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

With this version/build, are you able to see and access Apple Play and Android Auto? I upgraded from 2.3 to 3.0 and now those 2 apps are missing from my setup screen. Thanks.
Yes, I have them both. But we've attached an iPhone and Android phone at some point to the car too.

Back