List of Useful Threads - Hood Paint bubble issue only | Page 42 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

...got no response from a pm to FordService on here, any other ideas to kick this too?
-so lets recap
-dealer-said we'll take great pics of your hood, hey lookit all the TSB's! no dice kid...
-Ford service via online chat took case and response is above...
-PM here so far no reply.
at least tomorrow is Friday...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...got no response from a pm to FordService on here, any other ideas to kick this too?
Just curious as to how you PM'd FordService as they haven't been on the Forum for over a year and won't be responding to any PM from the Forum. Did you use the contact info provided on some of their old posts? Just want to make sure.

Peter

yes from older post here.
-they have FB, Twitter cust service on their support contact site as well as Owner portal...

yes from older post here.
-they have FB, Twitter cust service on their support contact site as well as Owner portal...
Thanks. That was I was going to suggest had you done it another way. I've used that same info before for members looking to contact them.:thumbsup:

Peter

Yes. A TSB is only done free of charge as long as the vehicle is under warranty (OEM or ESP).

Peter
My current 2011 is waiting for parts to repair the Takata air bag. It's well out of warranty.

My current 2011 is waiting for parts to repair the Takata air bag. It's well out of warranty.

Since when do the 11 Explorers have an airbag recall?

And a recall is always 100% covered regardless of warranty.

I brought mine in today for some bubbling on the front of the hood. Ford approved a full panel replacement but it will be a few weeks before it arrives.

Is this a thing or just me with a 4 inch paint peeling on the front of my hood to show bare metal?

A picture would be helpful. Would this have anything to do with paint bubbling on the lip of the hood?

Peter

Just hosed off some salt to find this

033CEAD6-D564-4880-A3EB-D407AE41311F.jpeg

09DE324F-A082-438A-ACC3-07C9397B053C.jpeg

FA205E6C-C008-4989-B724-B8C22AE24472.jpeg

Yeah i do not believe there was bubbling before the peeling started, just came right off with a plain old gardening hose with a pressure nozzle

Warrantable within the 3/36 coverage.

Definitely NOT normal. Did you by any chance use a pressure washer? If so, it still shouldn't have flaked off. Hopefully this will be covered by the warranty depending on their interpretation of "exposure to the elements". Suggest you open the hood and check for any further bubbling. That would be covered as mentioned in your Warranty Guide.

Damage Caused by Use and/or the Environment
The New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover surface rust,
deterioration and damage of paint, trim, upholstery, and other
appearance items that result from use and/or exposure to the elements.

Peter

That's my primary concern. Ill keep you posted. If Ford is going to drag their feet on this and not on board to fix it... I’ll be shocked, but you never know

If you check your Warranty Guide you will see that they mention a 5 year, unlimited mileage on 'corrosion' of aluminum panels.

Peter

Not common. First I've seen.

They'll probably write this one off as a defect without too much issue. That is not a failure mode expected with environmental abuse/wear.

I appreciate the reassurance. Ill keep you guys posted when i bring it in to my local ford dealer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Update: I received my Explorer back from the body shop last week...with the new Hood. They did a great job matching the paint. They did not replace the underhood decals...does anybody have a pic of their hood underside with the decals showing? Appreciate it.

Back